Bye Bye, Note 10+, hello iPhone Pro Max XL

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Just pre-ordered a Pro Max 256gb. Not for me though. The gf is still rocking an iPhone 7 plus and she's been jealous of the camera quality of my last 3 phones. T-Mobile is offering a pretty good trade on it and it's her birthday tomorrow, so there isn't any reason not to. But this is actually the first time I've ever bought an iPhone.

On a side note, we transferred her line to my account a year or so ago. I knew she had the protection 360 option. I had no idea that included jump! and free screen saver replacements. I must have bought her 10+ screen protectors easy. Not that they are expensive, but I'm definitely taking advantage of that with this phone.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
The iPhone 11 Pro Max Pro whatever is the least interesting iPhone Apple has ever released. Sure, it has a nice green color, but it's still the similar design as the iPhone X. Boring.
Apple has surely been down in terms of innovation the past few years.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Apple has surely been down in terms of innovation the past few years.

Yep. It's quite disappointing on how unoriginal they've become ever since Steve Jobs passed away. The garbage they come out with today is not what he would've released had he been still alive.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Can't believe what a hot seller the iPhone's are.
Just looked at Verizon and most pre orders are already pushed back to October 5th or later.

I just checked the Midnight Green version of the 256GB iPhone 11 Pro Max on AT&T's website and it has a delivery date of September 23 - September 30. Must not be that popular on AT&T.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Yep. It's quite disappointing on how unoriginal they've become ever since Steve Jobs passed away. The garbage they come out with today is not what he would've released had he been still alive.

Same thing seems to be happening to Samsung. They used to lead in some areas but not any more.

dusty0924

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm definitely going back to iphone this year. Just preordered my pro max and I'm getting rid of this note 10 plus. By far worst cellular reception phone I've owned in years. I've tried all the typical fixes. Sim cards, network resets and factory resetting device. This thing has a serious radio, hardware or software issue. I drop calls constantly in areas all my other devices get excellent LTE coverage. And at least 4 to 5 times a day it stops sending text and I get failure notifications and have to restart the device or airplane toggle to get it to work. Pretty unacceptable for a device that cost what the note 10 plus 512GB goes for.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I'm definitely going back to iphone this year. Just preordered my pro max and I'm getting rid of this note 10 plus. By far worst cellular reception phone I've owned in years. I've tried all the typical fixes. Sim cards, network resets and factory resetting device. This thing has a serious radio, hardware or software issue. I drop calls constantly in areas all my other devices get excellent LTE coverage. And at least 4 to 5 times a day it stops sending text and I get failure notifications and have to restart the device or airplane toggle to get it to work. Pretty unacceptable for a device that cost what the note 10 plus 512GB goes for.
Sounds totally unacceptable quality to me. Hope it can be returned otherwise if you sell it someone else is buying your issues.

cornettbr

May 18, 2011
Visit site

I have to say unless you actually have tried FaceID, there’s not much room for you to talk. If Samsung had anything like it I’d probably have kept my S10+. FaceID is far superior to Samsung’s facial recognition. The finger print scanner in the screen just wasn’t working for me.

It’s really the main reason why I moved back to the iPhone this year. With my line of work I’m always wearing gloves.

Samsung does make great phones but so does Apple.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
To confirm, there is still no 'connection' from the Apple watch to an Android device, right?
Honestly, I should probably sell my AW4, versus it sitting in a drawer...

No you can't pair an Android phone and Apple Watch. What I do isn't a perfect solution, but it works ok for me. I use the LTE Apple Watch paired to my XS Max as a stand-alone device while carrying my Note 10+ as my phone. I get my iMessages from friends that use my email, emails, and other notifications though, so it works for me. Plus I get all the health benefits.

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
New things Apple boasted about with their new iPhones:

1. Fast charger in the box! (Only about 3-5 years late)

2. Good battery life across the entire range! (Huawei, Samsung, OnePlus etc have been doing this for years)

3. Triple cameras and dual on ‘lite’ model! (Already done and bettered by P30 Pro etc)

4. Night Mode (literally every Android manufacturer has a camera night mode that works decently)

5. iOS 13 has the customisation you’ve always wanted! (Erm...Android?)

6. You can record 4K video at 60fps on a phone with a sub 1080p display ._.

Don’t get me wrong, the iPhone 11 devices look and probably are brilliant...it’s just that Apple shouldn’t really be expecting praise or boasting for doing something that has been done (and in some cases much better) than its rivals for a while/long time.

dusty0924

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually outside my return period and samsung pretends they have never heard of the issue when you contact them. They offer the typical fixes which I've tried with no luck. I'm just trading it in. My carrier offered 600 for trade in for the device which is what I paid for it after I traded my old device in for the note 10 plus.
Sounds totally unacceptable quality to me. Hope it can be returned otherwise if you sell it someone else is buying your issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac