Bye Bye, Note 10+, hello iPhone Pro Max XL

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
It's okay I get it. Many have to find something to mock Apple for. Once Samsung does it one day everyone will justify why it's okay.

Just like how everyone was all "OMG NO HEADPHONE JACK? PFFT APPLE. SAMSUNG FTW."

Now that it is gone.. everyone is all "oh it isn't so bad" .

It's cool though everyone can hate on how it looks on the back all they want since I like how it functions. I think all phones should have a wide lens because when you need it and can get that amazing shot it's awesome. I'm hoping the Pixel 4 will be the same.

They will change their tune once Samsung will go with the square design camera on one of their next year phone. Just like when they dropped the jack on Note 10, added punch hole camera etc.

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
They will change their tune once Samsung will go with the square design camera on one of their next year phone. Just like when they dropped the jack on Note 10, added punch hole camera etc.

I’m not too sure they’ll make a square camera module (they might). More likely they will stick to the current horizontal one or go vertical like on the Note 10.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I’m not too sure they’ll make a square camera module (they might). More likely they will stick to the current horizontal one or go vertical like on the Note 10.

They may just do it so that it looks different. Went from horizontal to vertical on S10 to Note 10. They may go square or circle next. They don’t want to make it look just like last year’s camera irrespective of it’s actually better or not.

Or unless they go with some other crazy geometrical shape

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
They may just do it so that it looks different. Went from horizontal to vertical on S10 to Note 10. They may go square or circle next. They don’t want to make it look just like last year’s camera irrespective of it’s actually better or not.

Or unless they go with some other crazy geometrical shape

Personally I’d rather they keep the horizontal or vertical setup and have a triple aperture 108MP main camera, add autofocus and OIS to the ultra-wide and have 3-5x optical zoom with OIS with a better night mode and AI, but I get your point.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Yep. I haven't cared about headphone jacks since like.. the Note 3 and 4. I've been all Bluetooth since then so I've never used it. That's why I don't care it is gone.
My personal vehicles only have aux inputs, no Bluetooth. My work truck has Bluetooth, but there's a huge delay in audio when watching YouTube (during my down rinse, of course), but gaming is ok enough. So yeah, a headphone jack is still a big deal for me. Lol

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
My personal vehicles only have aux inputs, no Bluetooth. My work truck has Bluetooth, but there's a huge delay in audio when watching YouTube (during my down rinse, of course), but gaming is ok enough. So yeah, a headphone jack is still a big deal for me. Lol

Ah mine all have has Bluetooth. My truck actually supports Android Auto and Carplay so I just use that.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I also use Bluetooth in the car , haven't tried the aux ..but wouldn't there be a delay either way do to reception if that was the case ?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I also use Bluetooth in the car , haven't tried the aux ..but wouldn't there be a delay either way do to reception if that was the case ?
With true aux, I've never encountered a delay. In terms of reliability and sound quality, wired always beats wireless with today's technology.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
With true aux, I've never encountered a delay. In terms of reliability and sound quality, wired always beats wireless with today's technology.
What I'm asking though , if you go into area with spoty internet connection can a wired delay also ?

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Not true at least for me. Even though I don't find iPhones appealing I would say the same if Samsung did it just like how my note 2 had the Verizon branding on the home button. I still haven't forgave them for that
It's okay I get it. Many have to find something to mock Apple for. Once Samsung does it one day everyone will justify why it's okay.

Just like how everyone was all "OMG NO HEADPHONE JACK? PFFT APPLE. SAMSUNG FTW."

Now that it is gone.. everyone is all "oh it isn't so bad" .

It's cool though everyone can hate on how it looks on the back all they want since I like how it functions. I think all phones should have a wide lens because when you need it and can get that amazing shot it's awesome. I'm hoping the Pixel 4 will be the same.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Not true at least for me. Even though I don't find iPhones appealing I would say the same if Samsung did it just like how my note 2 had the Verizon branding on the home button. I still haven't forgave them for that

Oh yeah I don't mean everyone -- that is why I didn't say everyone... But I have seen plenty that in the past were die hard "I need 18 batteries in my back pack and hot swap!" to now using phones w/o battery swaps and using bluetooth versus wired .. and justifying it whereas before they **** on phone without.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
What I'm asking though , if you go into area with spoty internet connection can a wired delay also ?
In that case, still no. At least not relative to the video. If data is delayed to the phone due to poor connection, the video pauses all together, audio included.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm too spoiled by the advantages of Bluetooth that I could never rely on aux. I love that whenever I start my car my music or audio instantly plays from where it left off no matter how long it's been paused. Also love how I can go from car to headphones or vice versa without losing connection or having to push any buttons. Thankfully I've never noticed a lag in sound due to Bluetooth as I can see how that would be annoying with videos.
In that case, still no. At least not relative to the video. If data is delayed to the phone due to poor connection, the video pauses all together, audio included.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Oh yeah I don't mean everyone -- that is why I didn't say everyone... But I have seen plenty that in the past were die hard "I need 18 batteries in my back pack and hot swap!" to now using phones w/o battery swaps and using bluetooth versus wired .. and justifying it whereas before they **** on phone without.
"I need 18 batteries in my back pack and hot swap!"

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm too spoiled by the advantages of Bluetooth that I could never rely on aux. I love that whenever I start my car my music or audio instantly plays from where it left off no matter how long it's been paused. Also love how I can go from car to headphones or vice versa without losing connection or having to push any buttons. Thankfully I've never noticed a lag in sound due to Bluetooth as I can see how that would be annoying with videos.

My music will start up again as soon as I plug the aux or headphone cable back in as well. I also haven't had Bluetooth automatically switch like that. If I'm listening on Bluetooth and that connection is lost, I have to manually restart on the next device.

I guess some things are implemented differently on different phones.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Yea that happens on any device that I have set to favorites in my car and it automatically overpowers any Bluetooth device I'm listening to as I enter the car(usually my tone platinums). I love it because it truly allows me to be handsfree and just focus on driving when I get into the vehicle no fundling of my phone as long as it is in the connectable range.
My music will start up again as soon as I plug the aux or headphone cable back in as well. I also haven't had Bluetooth automatically switch like that. If I'm listening on Bluetooth and that connection is lost, I have to manually restart on the next device.

I guess some things are implemented differently on different phones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34