Which wireless charger are you using?

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm still using my TYLT Vu that iirc got when I got my Note 4 and put charging coils inside the back of the device. worked great with my Note 7 & Note 8. still going strong. only a 12w charge, but better than some Ankers I see. it's technically a fast charge device and still charges fast enough for my needs.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
what I love about the Vu is that if I'm not accurate in placing my phone it will still do the job because of three coils. so upside down, sideways, whatever, it just works.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Are their any recommended wireless charging pads that will prop both your phone and watch up while charging?

How about any that will allow you to charge your Phone, Watch AND galaxy buds at the same time?

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
see his post above

Thats a dual/duo charger, I was thinking more like a triple charger. I found ones that are just stands, that you plug the cords into fixed positions and you put your devices on there, but nothing like I have seen for the Apple devices. There's a spot for the Air Pods, the Apple Watch, and an iPhone.

I have only been able to find a large wireless pad that you would drop all 3 devices on, but none that offer a "stand" position, wirelessly.

This is what I found, but not really what I was looking for
Charging stand.PNG

Jimv1983

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm amazed that the wireless charging trend is still going. Do people just buy new phones every year after the battery is toast due to wireless charging? I learned that lesson years ago before wireless charging became popular.

My current phone (Pixel 2 XL) doesn't even have wireless charging but even if it did I wouldn't use it.

Jimv1983

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Just got my Note 10+ and it came with last year's fast wireless charging pad with fan at 9w free

I only wireless charge at night but would it be worth getting the new 15w one for $80? Which are you using?

You really shouldn't leave your phone on a charger of any kind over night and especially not a wireless charger unless you plan on replacing your phone every 9-12 months.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
after the battery is toast due to wireless charging
never had one be toast, Note 4, 7, 8, and now 9, using same wireless charger. it depends on the charger and how you use it. mine stops charging and can be used as a cradle. if it's depleted it charges, if it's not it stops. I bought a good one going in and it has served me very well.

and my Note 4 batteries, both still charge and hold a charge. don't know what anyone else is doing.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Likewise.

I've had zero issues with normal wireless charging.

I charge my phone overnight too.

My preference is to not use fast wireless charging unless I really need a boost.

It's always interesting to read other people's take on how and when and what they use whenthey charge their phones.

And let's not forget the do you charge to 100% and not let it drop below 15% preferences. ;)

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I have been using wireless chargers since the note 5, I never once had any hardware issues with my phones because of it.

I just received two Amoner Wireless Charger, 15W Fast Wireless Charging Stands. I have them plugged into the note 8 power supplies and they are fast charging my 10+.

While reading the safety information, something very interesting caught my attention.
It reads "do not bite or suck the device".

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
You really shouldn't leave your phone on a charger of any kind over night and especially not a wireless charger unless you plan on replacing your phone every 9-12 months.
Never had one toast like you say

And yes I get a new phone every 12mo

Seriously though, look at how many thousands of wireless chargers are sold monthly versus how many have the same complaint as you...