Note 10+ Signal Issues - Samsung refuses to replace

haganjeff

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
My unlocked, direct from Samsung Note 10 Plus was fine for the first week and then started having issues going into 3G and 1X constantly. Would not switch to 4G. Called Verizon and Samsung to troubleshoot. Did the normal things such as resetting connections and trying a new SIM card..Same issues going into 3G constantly....Was told by Samsung to take to authorized repair center locally. Just did that and was told my phone failed Samsung diagnostics 9 times. They couldn't repair and to contact Samsung to see what failed and to potentially replace the device.

I have chatted and called and can't seem to speak to anyone that I can even understand. Technical support says they cannot see the diagnostics from the repair center and need me to send it to Samsung for repair. This is obviously a software issue, so I don't think they don't know what they are talking about.

Update: I ended up getting a supervisor and explaining to him sending the phone back is not an option. He said there is nothing he can do, but to escalate my issue and that they no longer swap phones. I was able to unload on him an explain how much of a loyalist I have been to Samsung from the S3 through now, including every generation of watch, television, sound bar, appliances, etc. Went through the Note 7 debacle... It seems i was able to get him to understand they were losing a customer, so he is going to take a personal interest and will send me text messages and emails with daily updates. He did admit that it is a very widespread issue with Verizon and Sprint. Said it is with carrier branded and unlocked phones. He feels it's more software related, but has no information on engineering coming up with a patch. I pretty much have a slow 3G phone unless I am on Wi-Fi at this point.

As great of products as Samsung has, the have a serious issue with releasing products that aren't fully tested.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Instead of calling in for support, try SAMSUNG Experience Store, that have in house service.

I took my S10+ to a SAMSUNG service centre and they couldn't help me with my Thumb Prints that cause a permanent Mark's on the display. I posted the issue here.

Anyways, they said it would cost $350 CAN and advised me to call SAMSUNG to see what they could do. It was a PITA over the phone he kept insisting going to my nearest service repair, I told them I did and they not only I have to cover the shipping but if they find it's not a manufacturing defect it will cost me $50 for basically wasting their time. That was the end of that.

I was lucky when I pre-ordered my Note 10+ at the SES I told them about my S10+ and said it was covered under warranty and should take 10 days since parts wasn't available. I was very happy.

Unless it's a manufacturing defect, like my S7 edge that had a dead pixel, they don't seem to be very helpful.

No questions ask at SAMSUNG Experience Store.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Instead of calling in for support, try SAMSUNG Experience Store, that have in house service.

I took my S10+ to a SAMSUNG service centre and they couldn't help me with my Thumb Prints that cause a permanent Mark's on the display. I posted the issue here.

Anyways, they said it would cost $350 CAN and advised me to call SAMSUNG to see what they could do. It was a PITA over the phone he kept insisting going to my nearest service repair, I told them I did and they not only I have to cover the shipping but if they find it's not a manufacturing defect it will cost me $50 for basically wasting their time. That was the end of that.

I was lucky when I pre-ordered my Note 10+ at the SES I told them about my S10+ and said it was covered under warranty and should take 10 days since parts wasn't available. I was very happy.

Unless it's a manufacturing defect, like my S7 edge that had a dead pixel, they don't seem to be very helpful.

No questions ask at SAMSUNG Experience Store.
You can flash the carrier firmware to see if it's better for you , and can always go back to the unlocked firmware.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
You can flash the carrier firmware to see if it's better for you , and can always go back to the unlocked firmware.
I believe the OP was told it the issue was with carrier and unlocked phones.
I'm not buying that it's a software issue unless they mean it's corrupt.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Switch to Tmobile much better company to deal with plus 99% of the time just switch sim card and your are good to go. I spent 27 years with Verizon and another 5 with AT&T and now Tmobile and by far they are the best to deal with. When I report an area with bad reception they don't stop until it's fixed and they contact me to let me know.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
My unlocked, direct from Samsung Note 10 Plus was fine for the first week and then started having issues going into 3G and 1X constantly. Would not switch to 4G. Called Verizon and Samsung to troubleshoot. Did the normal things such as resetting connections and trying a new SIM card..Same issues going into 3G constantly....Was told by Samsung to take to authorized repair center locally. Just did that and was told my phone failed Samsung diagnostics 9 times. They couldn't repair and to contact Samsung to see what failed and to potentially replace the device.

I have chatted and called and can't seem to speak to anyone that I can even understand. Technical support says they cannot see the diagnostics from the repair center and need me to send it to Samsung for repair. This is obviously a software issue, so I don't think they don't know what they are talking about.

Update: I ended up getting a supervisor and explaining to him sending the phone back is not an option. He said there is nothing he can do, but to escalate my issue and that they no longer swap phones. I was able to unload on him an explain how much of a loyalist I have been to Samsung from the S3 through now, including every generation of watch, television, sound bar, appliances, etc. Went through the Note 7 debacle... It seems i was able to get him to understand they were losing a customer, so he is going to take a personal interest and will send me text messages and emails with daily updates. He did admit that it is a very widespread issue with Verizon and Sprint. Said it is with carrier branded and unlocked phones. He feels it's more software related, but has no information on engineering coming up with a patch. I pretty much have a slow 3G phone unless I am on Wi-Fi at this point.

As great of products as Samsung has, the have a serious issue with releasing products that aren't fully tested.
It were as simple as a patch why wouldn't more people have the issue. I think they don't know what it is.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I believe the OP was told it the issue was with carrier and unlocked phones.
I'm not buying that it's a software issue unless they mean it's corrupt.
I'm not buying into what the rep or supervisor saying , the carrier version have carrier aggression which might be better off for OP , those reps and supervisor are going put you in a circle and still nothing done .can try this out if not happy go back to unlocked firmware . Nothing to lose in trying .

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Switch to Tmobile much better company to deal with plus 99% of the time just switch sim card and your are good to go. I spent 27 years with Verizon and another 5 with AT&T and now Tmobile and by far they are the best to deal with. When I report an area with bad reception they don't stop until it's fixed and they contact me to let me know.
Switching to TMobile doesn't guarantee a fix. We don't know what the problem is and every solution isn't as simple as switching carriers or SIM cards.

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
Sorry to hear about it OP. But in the USA , I believe there are only two choices for probable defective devices , ubreakifix or send back to Samsung for evaluation.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm not buying into what the rep or supervisor saying , the carrier version have carrier aggression which might be better off for OP , those reps and supervisor are going put you in a circle and still nothing done .can try this out if not happy go back to unlocked firmware . Nothing to lose in trying .
I'm not buying what the OP is being told either but I'm on unlocked on Verizon and it works everywhere my Verizon Branded S10+ does. I'm betting it's a hardware problem but it has to be sent in and diagnosed properly.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Have you tried it in safe mode or done a factory reset?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm not buying what the OP is being told either but I'm on unlocked on Verizon and it works everywhere my Verizon Branded S10+ does. I'm betting it's a hardware problem but it has to be sent in and diagnosed properly.
Yeah OP can send it in and have it checked no argument there, do that and go from there , see what the results will be . But talking on the phone with them almost get you no where.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
This is the third thread about signal issues, so I think there is definitely something to it. As for whether it's hardware or software I don't know. I myself am getting slower speeds and weaker signal than both my XS Max and U12+ using the same T-Mobile sim in the same location.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
This is the third thread about signal issues, so I think there is definitely something to it. As for whether it's hardware or software I don't know. I myself am getting slower speeds and weaker signal than both my XS Max and U12+ using the same T-Mobile sim in the same location.
Your on the unlocked version also?
It's a issue on Samsung unlocked versions , they say works on all 4 carriers but no carrier aggression,No RCS ect ....

haganjeff

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
May have missed it, but why is sending the phone back not an option? Don't you want a replacement?

They want me to send in for repair without a replacement. No way. They should should send me a new one and let me send this back just like the trade in program. Hell, I would even pay for another one if they would simply refund this one when they receive it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech