09-21-2019 10:39 PM
58 123
tools
    Whelp... I dropped my phone on Saturday. It landed on it's corner from about a 3 foot drop onto concrete, bounced and then landed screen down (typical). I swear the smart phone's display is like the buttered side of a piece of toast.

Fortunately, I had the LifeProof case on it. No physical damage, but the factory installed screen protector has a small cut in it when it landed face down. The screen is fine though.

The LifeProof case adds considerable bulk (mostly width), but it protected my phone like a champ.
    I'm so glad your phone was protected! At least replacing your screen protector will cost way less than "replacing the phone," so go speak!
    gernerttl likes this.
    09-19-2019 11:14 PM
    I'm so glad your phone was protected! At least replacing your screen protector will cost way less than "replacing the phone," so go speak!
    Yeah. I'm not replacing the factory installed protector just yet. It's a little tear on the lower left. About 1/8th in or so. It's not getting bigger and it's out of the way.

I DO recommend the Life Proof case for the Note 10+.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    09-19-2019 11:18 PM
    Why don't they make the back out of the same material as the display?...lol
    Kind of same reason they don't make airplanes out of the same materials as the black boxes. There is a trade off of functionality, durability, and aesthetics.
    09-19-2019 11:22 PM
    Wow
    09-20-2019 07:26 AM
    Yeah. I'm not replacing the factory installed protector just yet. It's a little tear on the lower left. About 1/8th in or so. It's not getting bigger and it's out of the way.

I DO recommend the Life Proof case for the Note 10+.
    I see what you're saying! Life Proof is a good brand, yes? I'll have to see if they make cases for whatever phone I get next!
    09-20-2019 08:35 AM
    I see what you're saying! Life Proof is a good brand, yes? I'll have to see if they make cases for whatever phone I get next!
    Yes.

This is the one.
    https://www.lifeproof.com/en-us/next...xoC8EgQAvD_BwE

It doesn't provide full protection. It provides protection for the back, top, bottom, and sides. It doesn't have a built-in screen protector. That is why I have a slight tear in my factory installed screen protector. It landed on a corner then bounced and landed face down. The pavement had a bunch of loose crush lava rock on it, that's what made the tear.

I bought that case specifically for outdoor activities.
    toenail_flicker and Morty2264 like this.
    09-20-2019 11:07 PM
    That video (page 1), was painful to watch. Just saying...
    09-21-2019 07:45 PM
    Yes.

This is the one.
    https://www.lifeproof.com/en-us/next...xoC8EgQAvD_BwE

It doesn't provide full protection. It provides protection for the back, top, bottom, and sides. It doesn't have a built-in screen protector. That is why I have a slight tear in my factory installed screen protector. It landed on a corner then bounced and landed face down. The pavement had a bunch of loose crush lava rock on it, that's what made the tear.

I bought that case specifically for outdoor activities.
    Thank you so much for the link!
    09-21-2019 10:39 PM
58 123