For you Goodlock users update edge lighting+ and use the black hole affect
    Attached Thumbnails Hole Punch has notification led affect now-1715.jpg  
    09-11-2019 05:46 PM
    I'm having trouble finding this app "Goodlock". What exactly is the correct spelling of this to find it in the Google Play store? What does the icon look like? If someone can post a link to find this app in the Google Play store, that would be great! :-)
    09-11-2019 05:55 PM
    I'm having trouble finding this app "Goodlock". What exactly is the correct spelling of this to find it in the Google Play store? What does the icon look like? If someone can post a link to find this app in the Google Play store, that would be great! :-)
    It's in the Galaxy Store app.
    Casey Cheung likes this.
    09-11-2019 05:57 PM
    "Goodlock"
    good lock
    Jewels81 likes this.
    09-11-2019 06:14 PM
    Thanks. Too bad it don't seem to work when screen is off. I can get it to work when screen is on tho.
    toenail_flicker and ZOMMBIE1 like this.
    09-11-2019 06:15 PM
    I can do without it
    ROE_HUNTER and Jewels81 like this.
    09-11-2019 06:26 PM
    Thanks. Too bad it don't seem to work when screen is off. I can get it to work when screen is on tho.
    And I found the reason why lol. I had to change settings in edge lighting from to show always to show while screen is off. I don't need the LED while I'm messing with phone since I get the popups lol.
    09-11-2019 06:30 PM
    does it stay on until you look at it like the led, or just light up for a few seconds and stop?
    Katrina White1 likes this.
    09-11-2019 06:55 PM
    This is AMAZING! Thank you so much for letting us know!
    09-11-2019 07:07 PM
    I downloaded Edge Lighting + by Samsung from Galaxy Store and I'm trying out the hole punch effect, but I don't get what this has to do with Good Lock. I don't even have that installed anymore.
    09-11-2019 07:08 PM
    I had done the wrong thing. hoping it might work for me now. we'll see.
    09-11-2019 07:15 PM
    does it stay on until you look at it like the led, or just light up for a few seconds and stop?
    It just stays on for a few seconds then stops
    09-11-2019 07:18 PM
    Exactly, and can't set color per account, so not much use to me. Maybe features will be added over time.
    Edit: looks like you can set different colors per app, but not necessarily per account.
    It just stays on for a few seconds then stops
    Jewels81 likes this.
    09-11-2019 07:28 PM
    Exactly, and can't set color per account, so not much use to me. Maybe features will be added over time.
    Hopefully so. I did go and turn on notification reminders so maybe that will help.

Update notification reminders don't make the LED to turn back on. How well. It's a nice start tho.
    09-11-2019 07:36 PM
    Edge lighting allows you to change the color for each specific app. At least with certain effects. I do wish the lighting would stay on until it's acknowledged.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-11-2019 07:39 PM
    I downloaded Edge Lighting + by Samsung from Galaxy Store and I'm trying out the hole punch effect, but I don't get what this has to do with Good Lock. I don't even have that installed anymore.
    Cause it's part of the Goodlock family of apps. Why on Earth would you not use Goodlock? Lol you might want to check it out, it is the best!
    09-11-2019 08:18 PM
    Back to led me know for me.
    I like the notifications to continue until I dismiss them.
    Jewels81 and toenail_flicker like this.
    09-11-2019 08:30 PM
    I had it, and found nothing in it that interested me. Also, I did not see anything about Edge Lighting + within Good Lock. I checked. It was simply an independent download in Galaxy Store.
    I installed Good Lock several times to look through it and try out what it offered - but always wound up just getting rid of it.
    Cause it's part of the Goodlock family of apps. Why on Earth would you not use Goodlock? Lol you might want to check it out, it is the best!
    09-11-2019 09:23 PM
    Does the regular edge lighting still work with this option ?

Edit: nevermind . I see that only the hole lights up. I'll just keep my regular edge lighting, but I hope it's a good replacement for the people who miss the led light.
    09-12-2019 03:06 AM
    Close, but not close enough...
    Jewels81 and toenail_flicker like this.
    09-12-2019 04:21 AM
    try "aodnotify' in the play store. it ads hole punch notification rings that are more customisable, including the ability to have them stay on until aknoledged and it works along side edge lighting instead of either or
    09-12-2019 06:27 AM
    Will check it out. Thanks.

Edit:
    Ok, checked it out. I'm having trouble getting it to stay on until acknowledged. Also, all these apps have one major problem for me. The real usefulness of the old LED is that I could set color per ACCOUNT - not per APP. For instance, my HUB email app let me set separate LED color for my work email as well as each of my several personal email accounts. So I could glance at my phone sitting on my coffee table and know instantly if I had a work related email waiting, or which of my personal accounts - so I knew if I needed to pick up my phone. These camera ring utilities, with color by APP, means all email accounts have the same color. Anyway, it's better than nothing and I wonder if you could help me in getting the notification to persist. Thanks.
    try "aodnotify' in the play store. it ads hole punch notification rings that are more customisable, including the ability to have them stay on until aknoledged and it works along side edge lighting instead of either or
    09-12-2019 07:36 AM
    To get the notification light to stay on until you dismiss or see it you'll have to purchase the Pro version. You can find "Pro" in the app. I think it's $2.99
    Will check it out. Thanks.

Edit:
    Ok, checked it out. I'm having trouble getting it to stay on until acknowledged. Also, all these apps have one major problem for me. The real usefulness of the old LED is that I could set color per ACCOUNT - not per APP. For instance, my HUB email app let me set separate LED color for my work email as well as each of my several personal email accounts. So I could glance at my phone sitting on my coffee table and know instantly if I had a work related email waiting, or which of my personal accounts - so I knew if I needed to pick up my phone. These camera ring utilities, with color by APP, means all email accounts have the same color. Anyway, it's better than nothing and I wonder if you could help me in getting the notification to persist. Thanks.
    09-12-2019 11:00 AM
    I have already purchase pro version - but I don't see how to keep it on. Only 1 minute duration.
    Nevermind. I looked at the duration scale and the far right said 1 minute, but that shows the actual setting, not the upper duration limit which is 5h.
    To get the notification light to stay on until you dismiss or see it you'll have to purchase the Pro version. You can find "Pro" in the app. I think it's $2.99
    09-12-2019 11:21 AM