09-13-2019 10:16 PM
44 12
tools
    How do you re-set it?
    Owners manual page 59
    Attached Thumbnails New Worrying Behavior-note10-plus-page-59.png  
    rabernet likes this.
    09-12-2019 12:24 PM
    Will it stop if you take the pen out and leave it out? Until you get your new phone, that might help with the problem.
    I'll give that a try - I just don't want it to "fuss" at me that I've left it out.

And now......it's behaving....for now. But I think I'm going to still do the exchange since I'm in the 14 day window to do so. My luck, it will be fixed for now, and then start doing it again.
    09-12-2019 12:31 PM
    Owners manual page 59
    Oh.....of course.....that thing I never read! LOL Thanks!!!
    09-12-2019 12:32 PM
    Oh.....of course.....that thing I never read! LOL Thanks!!!
    Until help arrives -In settings /advanced features/s pen/pen proximity alert (toggle off) when s pen is removed (select do nothing)
    rabernet and Vizi like this.
    09-12-2019 01:11 PM
    Another thing you can try until you get it sorted it to go to Settings -> Advanced features -> S Pen and disable "Screen off memo".
    rabernet likes this.
    09-12-2019 02:38 PM
    Before you exchange it, have you attempted to factory reset. Wipe everything including the cache partition?
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-12-2019 06:24 PM
    Oh, in that case, Verizon will probably just replace it
    Yep, they'll replace it with a "used" device.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-12-2019 06:32 PM
    Yep, they'll replace it with a "used" device.
    The good thing about it being so new is that you're more likely to get a new device instead of refurb.
    09-12-2019 06:34 PM
    The good thing about it being so new is that you're more likely to get a new device instead of refurb.
    With Verizon I wouldn't count on it. I've argued with them many time in the past when I've had issues with a phone and though it was only a few days/ week old they replaced it with a "certified used" phone. I was PO'ed to say the least.
    09-12-2019 07:01 PM
    Before you exchange it, have you attempted to factory reset. Wipe everything including the cache partition?
    I did try a factory reset - don't know abou the cache partition. At the time, I was still having issues, now I'm not. But I'm a little gun shy that it will start mis-behaving again. The replacement phone is coming tomorrow.
    09-12-2019 07:45 PM
    With Verizon I wouldn't count on it. I've argued with them many time in the past when I've had issues with a phone and though it was only a few days/ week old they replaced it with a "certified used" phone. I was PO'ed to say the least.
    I've had the same thing happen through Apple. I've luckily never had to get any of my Android phones replaced.
    09-12-2019 07:47 PM
    I hope so - they did have to bill a new phone at full price to my account and then will credit it when they receive my phone back. I'll probably check and see if I can turn it in at my Verizon store rather than ship it.
    msm0511 likes this.
    09-12-2019 07:48 PM
    How will I know whether it is, when it arrives tomorrow - will it be clearly marked as certified used? They've got it showing as billing as a new phone (so now technically I have two Note + at the same montly payment until I return this one).
    09-12-2019 07:55 PM
    How will I know whether it is, when it arrives tomorrow - will it be clearly marked as certified used? They've got it showing as billing as a new phone (so now technically I have two Note + at the same montly payment until I return this one).
    Well if it's a new device it should probably come in it's retail packaging, if it's a refurb it'll show up in a plain cardboard box with no accessories.
    msm0511 likes this.
    09-12-2019 08:07 PM
    Well if it's a new device it should probably come in it's retail packaging, if it's a refurb it'll show up in a plain cardboard box with no accessories.
    Thank you!
    09-12-2019 08:13 PM
    I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this with their Note 10+?

Since yesterday, when I turn my screen off, it will start to randomly open the lock screen, looking for my face, then shut back down, and in a few minutes do the same thing.

This morning, while it was on my wireless charger, it woke me up doing this behavior. I pulled it off the charger, thinking it was related, it kept doing it. Turned it face down on the end table, and it continued to do it.

I've restarted the phone and that didn't help. Turned off AOD, and that seems to help, as in it does it less frequently. But once it starts, it continues to loop over and over.

This started yesterday. I did not install any new apps or change any settings yesterday.
    Head over to Settings, Apps, 3 dots and Special Access. Check 1 by 1.
    09-12-2019 09:08 PM
    If it's before the end of the return period you can always exchange for new
    09-12-2019 09:28 PM
    Yes, the only reason they didn't exchange in store is that they didn't have any Aura Glow in stock. They had it in 5G,but I wasn't interested in 5G. Will find out later today if it's new or refurbed (what they shipped me).
    If it's before the end of the return period you can always exchange for new
    09-13-2019 07:54 AM
    Just thought I'd report that the replacement phone arrived this afternoon and was in retail packaging. No refurb unit. Taking the first phone to drop off tomorrow. Thanks everyone who commented and offered advice!
    09-13-2019 10:16 PM
44 12