New Worrying Behavior

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this with their Note 10+?

Since yesterday, when I turn my screen off, it will start to randomly open the lock screen, looking for my face, then shut back down, and in a few minutes do the same thing.

This morning, while it was on my wireless charger, it woke me up doing this behavior. I pulled it off the charger, thinking it was related, it kept doing it. Turned it face down on the end table, and it continued to do it.

I've restarted the phone and that didn't help. Turned off AOD, and that seems to help, as in it does it less frequently. But once it starts, it continues to loop over and over.

This started yesterday. I did not install any new apps or change any settings yesterday.

Vizi

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Try installing Good Catch from the Good Lock assortment in the Galaxy Store. It'll tell you what is happening at the time the phone does that action.
I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this with their Note 10+?

Since yesterday, when I turn my screen off, it will start to randomly open the lock screen, looking for my face, then shut back down, and in a few minutes do the same thing.

This morning, while it was on my wireless charger, it woke me up doing this behavior. I pulled it off the charger, thinking it was related, it kept doing it. Turned it face down on the end table, and it continued to do it.

I've restarted the phone and that didn't help. Turned off AOD, and that seems to help, as in it does it less frequently. But once it starts, it continues to loop over and over.

This started yesterday. I did not install any new apps or change any settings yesterday.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Not that I'm aware of. I haven't set up any apps or websites to log me in with face recognition. Is there a way to tell?

I don't use face recognition so I don't know if you have to specifically set websites and apps to use it over fingerprint, but you can go to biometrics and security - samsung pass to look for access you have setup for authentication.

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I have Good Lock, but do not see Good Catch or Nice Catch. I see Nice Shot.

As an aside - this is getting so bad that my phone is constantly turning on, not staying off - and I may run by Verizon Corporate Store when they open (at 11 - who opens at 11 on a week day???) LOL

I've turned off Face recognition, I've turned off Safe Spaces in Smart Lock.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I have Good Lock, but do not see Good Catch or Nice Catch. I see Nice Shot.

As an aside - this is getting so bad that my phone is constantly turning on, not staying off - and I may run by Verizon Corporate Store when they open (at 11 - who opens at 11 on a week day???) LOL

I've turned off Face recognition, I've turned off Safe Spaces in Smart Lock.

go to the bottom of the good lock install page in the store. there you will see a listing of other apps by Samsung. more from this seller, see all. it'll be in the lineup.

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
So - it's my Spen that's waking up the screen. I've just pulled it out and put it back in - now we wait.........

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping I don't have to buy another. I've only had the phone 8 days. And the behavior is getting worse. I looked at spen settings and there's nothing obvious and I haven't changed any settings on the spen since I got the phone. Screenshot_20190912-082901_Nice%20Catch.jpeg

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm hoping I don't have to buy another. I've only had the phone 8 days. And the behavior is getting worse. I looked at spen settings and there's nothing obvious and I haven't changed any settings on the spen since I got the phone. View attachment 309611

I would say contact Samsung to see if they'll send you another one, but they'll probably want you to send the entire phone back to them.

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I would say contact Samsung to see if they'll send you another one, but they'll probably want you to send the entire phone back to them.

I didn't buy it from Samsung, I pre-ordered through Verizon - so I plan to walk into their store and hope they'll exchange it there. It's killing my battery and driving me nuts. Even worse now. Will post the current screen shot in a moment.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I didn't buy it from Samsung, I pre-ordered through Verizon - so I plan to walk into their store and hope they'll exchange it there. It's killing my battery and driving me nuts. Even worse now. Will post the current screen shot in a moment.

Oh, in that case, Verizon will probably just replace it

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I meant the whole phone, not just the SPen. I doubt they keep those in stock. But they should have plenty of stock of the phones.

I meant the phone too. Just since the pre-order we had to wait for stock, I wasn't sure how stores were affected.