New Worrying Behavior

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Have u tried resetting the Spen? When I first got mine, it wasn't performing the remote functions, so I reset it. Works as intended ever since.

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Settings/Advanced Features/S Pen/Air actions/3 dots top right/Reset S Pen

Thanks - sadly - that didn't fix it. They don't have Aura Glow at the store, so they are shipping me a new phone. Until then, I have a strobe light for a phone. Sigh......

It's shipping overnight, they just can't say if it's shipping TODAY.

Vizi

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks - sadly - that didn't fix it. They don't have Aura Glow at the store, so they are shipping me a new phone. Until then, I have a strobe light for a phone. Sigh......

It's shipping overnight, they just can't say if it's shipping TODAY.
Will it stop if you take the pen out and leave it out? Until you get your new phone, that might help with the problem.

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Will it stop if you take the pen out and leave it out? Until you get your new phone, that might help with the problem.

I'll give that a try - I just don't want it to "fuss" at me that I've left it out.

And now......it's behaving....for now. But I think I'm going to still do the exchange since I'm in the 14 day window to do so. My luck, it will be fixed for now, and then start doing it again.

bbgpsuser

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
Another thing you can try until you get it sorted it to go to Settings -> Advanced features -> S Pen and disable "Screen off memo".

bassjo

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
The good thing about it being so new is that you're more likely to get a new device instead of refurb.

With Verizon I wouldn't count on it. I've argued with them many time in the past when I've had issues with a phone and though it was only a few days/ week old they replaced it with a "certified used" phone. I was PO'ed to say the least.

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Before you exchange it, have you attempted to factory reset. Wipe everything including the cache partition?

I did try a factory reset - don't know abou the cache partition. At the time, I was still having issues, now I'm not. But I'm a little gun shy that it will start mis-behaving again. The replacement phone is coming tomorrow.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
With Verizon I wouldn't count on it. I've argued with them many time in the past when I've had issues with a phone and though it was only a few days/ week old they replaced it with a "certified used" phone. I was PO'ed to say the least.

I've had the same thing happen through Apple. I've luckily never had to get any of my Android phones replaced.

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
The good thing about it being so new is that you're more likely to get a new device instead of refurb.

I hope so - they did have to bill a new phone at full price to my account and then will credit it when they receive my phone back. I'll probably check and see if I can turn it in at my Verizon store rather than ship it.

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

How will I know whether it is, when it arrives tomorrow - will it be clearly marked as certified used? They've got it showing as billing as a new phone (so now technically I have two Note + at the same montly payment until I return this one).

bassjo

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
How will I know whether it is, when it arrives tomorrow - will it be clearly marked as certified used? They've got it showing as billing as a new phone (so now technically I have two Note + at the same montly payment until I return this one).

Well if it's a new device it should probably come in it's retail packaging, if it's a refurb it'll show up in a plain cardboard box with no accessories.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE