Feature for Chrome?

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Was looking at stuff and this showed up. Google Playstore was downloading Feature for Chrome. Any idea what it is?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190912-183749_Nova Launcher.jpg
    Screenshot_20190912-183749_Nova Launcher.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 28

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Maybe they pushed some server side change? I've just noticed that Chrome now includes dark mode and homepage. I don't remember having a recent update for the whole app.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Aww c'mon guys, disabling Chrome is not exactly the "fix" that Hermes wants to hear, right? :D

Sorry, dad.:'(

In all seriousness. I've never seen Chrome update like that. In the past when I used Chrome I only remember the entire app updating. Never a feature update.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, dad.:'(

In all seriousness. I've never seen Chrome update like that. In the past when I used Chrome I only remember the entire app updating. Never a feature update.
That feature update seems a background auto-update like with Play Services or new Play Store versions. You need to catch it in action to see it since it doesn't leave a permanent notification. With other brands you can easily check the notification log and see that record but for unknown reasons, Samsung doesn't offer an easy way to access this log.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
That feature update seems a background auto-update like with Play Services or new Play Store versions. You need to catch it in action to see it since it doesn't leave a permanent notification. With other brands you can easily check the notification log and see that record but for unknown reasons, Samsung doesn't offer an easy way to access this log.

Thanks! I haven't used Chrome since I had the One M9. So it's been a while. I may have seen that, but my feeble brain doesn't remember it.