Note 10+ charger can power my Microsoft Surface Go laptop :-)

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I am very pleasantly surprised to find out that the supplied Note 10+ charging cord/brick is able to charge my 10" Microsoft Surface Go Windows laptop (that also takes USB-C charging). The laptop normally takes a 24 watt charger, but the lower powered Samsung Note 10+ charger works fine in charging my laptop even while I'm using the laptop for doing stuff. My previous Samsung S9 charger wasn't able to do this. Now I don't need to buy an extra Microsoft OEM laptop charger for $40. Yay!

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Wow, if that's true, that's great! But I'm curious, I can't find that info on all the small print on the brick. Lots of numbers, but nothing that specifically says wattage info.
You have to do some math.

W=VxA

9Vx2.77A=24.93W. Or rounded off 25W

Or

You can just read the specs here :

https://www.chargerlab.com/samsungs-first-usb-c-charger-ep-ta800-review-goodbye-afc-hello-pd/
7b55f72690eef4b322b3848b1765f8a3.jpg

icnmayhem

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I envy you. my spectre needs a 65w charger. so the note charger wont charge it fast enough, and the 65w spectre charger only charges the note at 15w.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Aaahh, good ol' math! Thank you very much! Excellent usage of your stylus pen there too, I might add! Makes me wanna pull out my own now, haha!

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I specifically purchased the Microsoft Surface Go laptop knowing that it takes USB-C charging, which makes it easier to charge versus the old dark ages of using proprietary bricks by the manufacturers. Heck, I can even charge my Surface Go laptop using a 12 volt car charger. Even my other laptop, a new Lenovo Thinkpad 2-1 hybrid also takes USB-C charging, but alas that requires more wattage. My goal is to standardize my charging cords so as not to have so many different types. So for now, my Microsoft Surface Go laptop, Lenovo Thinkpad laptop, Note 10+ phone all take USB-C for charging. Not so coincidentally, all 3 of those devices also have a stylus pen for writing too. I also use micro-USB because I have many older devices that require this for charging such as my earphones, bluetooth speakers, and older tablets, etc. My Garmin GPS devices take a mini-USB...grrr!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513