For the longest I had both the Note 9 and a iPhone XS Max. Lately I've only used the IOS device but I've kinda been looking at the Note 10+. I've played around with the display model in BB and it's a beautiful device. So here's my questions to those who've purchased the N10/10+:

1) Does it come jam packed with bloatware like it's predecessor?
    2) How's the battery life on it? (No really, how's the battery life?)
    3) Is it a substantial upgrade over the N9?
    09-12-2019 07:09 PM
    For the longest I had both the Note 9 and a iPhone XS Max. Lately I've only used the IOS device but I've kinda been looking at the Note 10+. I've played around with the display model in BB and it's a beautiful device. So here's my questions to those who've purchased the N10/10+:

I didn't have the Note 9, so I can't help there. The battery life is as good or better than my XS Max. Depends on use though. iPhone does better on standby, Note does better in use. As far as bloatware that will be all up to your carrier and whether or not you buy unlocked. What carrier do you use?
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    09-12-2019 08:16 PM
    My carrier is Big Red.
    09-12-2019 08:27 PM
    My carrier is Big Red.
    From what I understand Verizon is as bad as ever with bloat.
    09-12-2019 08:31 PM
    From what I understand Verizon is as bad as ever with bloat.
    That's one of the reasons I still switch back to an iPhone, no bloat ever. And 95% of the apps that come from Apple can be uninstalled.
    09-12-2019 08:48 PM
    I came from the Max and battery life is very comparable. According to Accubattery less than 1% drain per hour at idle and 3.6% combined use. 29 hours in total between fill ups. If you owned the 9 you should have a good idea what to expect. iOS gets boring IMO. With such good battery life. probably be staying with Android.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    09-12-2019 08:53 PM
    ������ That's one of the reasons I still switch back to an iPhone, no bloat ever. And 95% of the apps that come from Apple can be uninstalled.
    Hmmm, there is always Samsung unlocked. ZERO VZ apps. You install what you wish. I have white Note 10+.

It's nothing earth chattering only because you already have 2 flagship level phones. If you are a phone addict, then yes, you need the note 10+ lol.
    09-12-2019 08:59 PM
    ������ That's one of the reasons I still switch back to an iPhone, no bloat ever. And 95% of the apps that come from Apple can be uninstalled.
    I went unlocked with my 10+ this year, but I also have a XS Max as well. No bloat and instant updates are nice.
    09-12-2019 09:05 PM

1. For bloatware, purchase Package Disabler from the Developers web.
    2. Battery life personally for me, its not bad but not good either. 5-6 hours SOT. My previous P30 Pro could do 7-9 hours.
    3. N9 to N10+. Its huge for me personally. Considering the 25W charging, 12GB of RAM, 512GB of ROM...
    09-12-2019 09:06 PM
    I too have Verizon. I was able to uninstall FB, spotify, games, and several others.

I don't concern myself with battery life, but I looked once and had over 60% left with something like 7 hours on-screen time.

I personally do not feel that the Note 10+ is a huge upgrade from the Note 8, so I'm sure I would think it even less of an upgrade over the note 9.
    However I do appreciate the faster storage, faster charging, wide angle camera.
    09-12-2019 09:16 PM

1) I have the unlocked version so no on bloatware
    2) I've been averaging between 8 1/2 to 9hrs
    3) IMO it's not a substantial upgrade. To me it's like a combination of the N9 and the S10+
    Hermes Hidayat likes this.
    09-12-2019 10:28 PM

1. I buy direct from Samsung UK so no network bloatware is on it however there are some apps out of the box I uninstall or disable.

2. I'm not a gamer and I turn my phone off overnight but do use it heavily for internet , texting so on my Note 10+ 5G I can go 3 days without having to charge.

3. For me I think it is. It's a bigger screen i.e more real estate , bigger battery and at last I've rid myself of that Bixby button ! Lol. Its fasternunder the hood , front ultrasonic fps and new chipset. I got the 5g model to future proof my purchase. Now wether my network in the uk gets its act together to successfully push out 5G is another story.

Reverse charging will come in handy and it's more comfortable to hold than the Note 9.
    EMGSM likes this.
    09-13-2019 12:50 AM

Yes, there is a ton of Google bloatware on the Note10+. Luckily you can disable or remove that crap and use the superior Samsung equivalent apps!

OmegaSparks and Gdwheel like this.
    09-13-2019 09:03 AM
    use the superior Samsung equivalent apps!
    ROFL!
    bhatech likes this.
    09-13-2019 10:11 AM

1. No it doesn't.
    2. The battery life is pretty good, can't complain
    3. Not really. (see below)

If you want a bigger screen and HAVE to have the S Pen, then this is the way to go, if not, you would be better staying with the Note 9. Also, the edges of the phone are box like and not curved which could create some discomfort if you are used to watching a lot of videos. I went to best buy earlier and tried several cases tech 21, otter box, and some other case, and while it helped, it wasn't perfect. Also the harry potter wand tricks with the S pen just don't do it for me.
    09-13-2019 04:58 PM
    ROFL!
    They are superior! lol
    09-13-2019 06:14 PM
    1. I buy direct from Samsung UK so no network bloatware is on it however there are some apps out of the box I uninstall or disable.

2. I'm not a gamer and I turn my phone off overnight but do use it heavily for internet , texting so on my Note 10+ 5G I can go 3 days without having to charge.

3. For me I think it is. It's a bigger screen i.e more real estate , bigger battery and at last I've rid myself of that Bixby button ! Lol. Its fasternunder the hood , front ultrasonic fps and new chipset. I got the 5g model to future proof my purchase. Now wether my network in the uk gets its act together to successfully push out 5G is another story.

Reverse charging will come in handy and it's more comfortable to hold than the Note 9.
    3 days is pretty impressive. Also, I agree that the Note 10+ is more comfortable to hold than the N9. The N9 felt like it had sharp edges to me.
    09-13-2019 07:07 PM
    Also the harry potter wand tricks with the S pen just don't do it for me.
    Yeah I tried them out and about half the time it didn't do what it was supposed to do so I look pretty silly waving the S-Pen around. Could definitely use some more work.
    09-13-2019 07:09 PM
    They are superior! lol

lol no offense, but I don't like Samsung or its apps and I thought you were joking
    09-13-2019 09:57 PM
    Just like you, I had a Note 9, traded for a Note 10+. And, in a drawer, I have an iPhone XS Max; not turned it on in ages.

AT&T, a bit. But, I simply disabled what I could

Hmm, I get a full business day's use. Meaning, when I get home (05:45 - 19:00), I still have around 30-40% left. However, to me, nothing compared to the 2 day battery life I would get on the iPhone XS Max

To me it is. I feel the device feel premier, and easier to handle. Also, not sure if it just me, but the device feels lighter, too. Oh, and the camera, certainly better than the Note 9. Again, not sure if it beats my iPhone XS Max camera; mainly from a quick point and shoot scenario.
    09-14-2019 06:25 AM