What antivirus apps you using for your Note 10+ ?

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

I rather die then don't do this or that
I think you'll be safe as long as you don't do any of that when you go to a camp that's been terrorized by a supernatural serial killer...by the way don't go to a camp that's been terrorized by a supernatural serial killer.

piinkRainbowz

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Dont use antivirus. Besides the play store scans the apps for you. And I dont download anything outside the play store. Also 99% of those antivirus apps are just glorified pop ads and cache cleaners.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Okay, how about this question. If you had no choice but to use free wifi, say at a shopping mall for example, would you use a VPN app in conjunction with the free wifi signal? Would a VPN help in any way for disguising and/or making your public wifi internet connection a little more secure? I normally never use free wifi anywhere, but this is a hypothetical question.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Thank you

Always my friend. Always.

Okay, how about this question. If you had no choice but to use free wifi, say at a shopping mall for example, would you use a VPN app in conjunction with the free wifi signal? Would a VPN help in any way for disguising and/or making your public wifi internet connection a little more secure? I normally never use free wifi anywhere, but this is a hypothetical question.

A VPN would help disguise you, but I wouldn't trust any of those free VPN apps. Use a reputable one. Also remember that VPN's can slow down your speeds considerably at times.

charlier180

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I use McAfee Antivirus Plus and NordVPN on all my devices along with Lookout on my Android devices. I have seen that speeds on NordVPN seem to vary depending on the servers being used even within the same VPN data center location.

Having worked in IT for many years I can say with surety that when it comes to virus software, etc. for a PC you get what you pay for. You can pay for good virus software now or pay someone like me later to clean up the mess, your choice.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I use McAfee Antivirus Plus and NordVPN on all my devices along with Lookout on my Android devices. I have seen that speeds on NordVPN seem to vary depending on the servers being used even within the same VPN data center location.

Having worked in IT for many years I can say with surety that when it comes to virus software, etc. for a PC you get what you pay for. You can pay for good virus software now or pay someone like me later to clean up the mess, your choice.

Do you use McAfee antivirus and NordVPN on your phone too? Or only on your computers? I wasn't sure by your writing.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Always my friend. Always.

A VPN would help disguise you, but I wouldn't trust any of those free VPN apps. Use a reputable one. Also remember that VPN's can slow down your speeds considerably at times.

Free ones are bad. They have to make money so they aren't doing things to benefit privacy.

While a VPN can slow speeds a good VPN won't drop them by drastic amounts but it will slow it some regardless... Just simply due to the overhead and the encrypting / decrypting on both sides.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy