Anyone use Samsung account for contacts?

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Like the title says. I noticed this option in contacts app. I keep my contacts in gmail account but wanted to see if anyone had experience using Samsung to hold all your contacts.

Safe to use or maybe not versus gmail?

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Like the title says. I noticed this option in contacts app. I keep my contacts in gmail account but wanted to see if anyone had experience using Samsung to hold all your contacts.

I keep mine in gmail mainly because I don't always use Samsung phones, and don't want to lose contacts if I move to a different OEM.

anon(10274434)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site

I use Google account - have the same on 10+ and 3 XL

edit - sometimes I use Samsung contacts on 10+ - I'm going to wear these phones out with all the "switching" I do

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Yes I do and have had no issues.

When I change my Samsung phones I tend to use my Samsung Cloud to move my info across and I've lost nothing in the process.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I see no reason why I have to. It's not like I'm only using Samsung phones or Samsung devices in the future. All my stuff is on Google so that I can use on any device across all platforms.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I see no reason why I have to. It's not like I'm only using Samsung phones or Samsung devices in the future. All my stuff is on Google so that I can use on any device across all platforms.
Thank you , I wanted to mention this but escape my mind

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I definitely agree, especially we bounce between device's
Yeah use something which works everywhere, that's one reason I also don't use iCloud. Microsoft or Google ecosystem are the ones, in order to not get locked into Samsung or Apple.

Super Spartan

Dec 21, 2018
Visit site

Gmail only, never used Samsung contacts nave have no need to. This way if I switch to a different brand of phone, I don't need to worry about backing up any contacts, they would all be there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital