Is there any difference between a Verizon Note 10 that was carrier unlocked and a factory unlocked Note 10 in terms of the radios in the phone? Will it support all the same LTE bands?

I'm just wondering because I'm on T-Mobile and wanted to know if I should specifically be looking for the factory unlocked version, or if a carrier unlocked phone that was originally on Verizon would be essentially the same phone.
    09-13-2019 01:12 PM
    The factory unlocked will still have the carrier bloat on it, otherwise (unless there's a variant of the particular model for each carrier) they're the same phone. But part of the "carrier bloat" is things like Verizon's Visual Voicemail, WiFi calling, etc. You don't get those with the factory unlocked phones. (You can install some, but not all. I'm using a Pixel 2 - factory unlocked - and I still get TMobile's WiFi calling - without installing anything.)

One difference you may notice is that most Samsung phones for AT&T and Verizon are locked down tighter than unlocked (or even TMobile) variants.
    Serkle K and SamOliver like this.
    09-13-2019 01:42 PM
    The factory unlocked will still have the carrier bloat on it, otherwise (unless there's a variant of the particular model for each carrier) they're the same phone. But part of the "carrier bloat" is things like Verizon's Visual Voicemail, WiFi calling, etc. You don't get those with the factory unlocked phones. (You can install some, but not all. I'm using a Pixel 2 - factory unlocked - and I still get TMobile's WiFi calling - without installing anything.)

One difference you may notice is that most Samsung phones for AT&T and Verizon are locked down tighter than unlocked (or even TMobile) variants.
    The US unlocked Note 10 model on Verizon is not locked down at all. They have many of the carrier features like WiFi calling, VoLTE etc all work. It changed from S10 series onwards on Verizon. It's same as unlocked on T-Mobile.
    09-13-2019 04:38 PM