P Icon Notification on Restart

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
no idea what's causing this, but it's a white "P" that shows up in the upper left of my device with a notification sound whenever I restart. any ideas? thanks.

Lecrae116

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
no idea what's causing this, but it's a white "P" that shows up in the upper left of my device with a notification sound whenever I restart. any ideas? thanks.
It's been normal for quite a while now. New feature of android P just stating that you won't see any new notification until you unlock your phone. I have the same thing on my s10 plus.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
It's been normal for quite a while now. New feature of android P just stating that you won't see any new notification until you unlock your phone. I have the same thing on my s10 plus.

interesting since my phone isn't locked ever, has no lock of any kind turned on and I've never had it before. and notifications have had sound before. now they won't because I turned the system and nots sound off. hate unnecessary, noisy bs like this.

if I wanted this type of carp I would have gone with sprint locked instead of unlocked. they give me all the unnecessary, noisy bs I don't need or want.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
It can be disabled by turning off a notification. I just don't remember which one. There is another thread about it somewhere.
interesting since my phone isn't locked ever, has no lock of any kind turned on and I've never had it before. and notifications have had sound before. now they won't because I turned the system and nots sound off. hate unnecessary, noisy bs like this.

if I wanted this type of carp I would have gone with sprint locked instead of unlocked. they give me all the unnecessary, noisy bs I don't need or want.

Lecrae116

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

So your saying your phone is a sprint locked variant?

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
This is the solution I saw -

"Go into Settings - Hit the magnifying glass to search- search: system ui - hit the one with the P symbol- Notifications- go down to fbe_channel_name - put it to silent and minimized. Problem solved.. No more P symbol and no more tones going off."
thanks. hoping someone posts in.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

"Go into Settings - Hit the magnifying glass to search- search: system ui - hit the one with the P symbol- Notifications- go down to fbe_channel_name - put it to silent and minimized. Problem solved.. No more P symbol and no more tones going off."
tytytytytytytytytytytyty thank you!!! <3 <3 <3 <3

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

I know what got it started now. I added LTE something something. that was the last thing I added and it must have triggered it.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

Can you post a picture please, just to see where fbe_channel_name, cause i am blind lmfao.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463