Set-Up issues . . . Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apple2Droid

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
I just got my Note 10 tonight and I'm having several issues that I hope someone can help me with.

First–how can I turn off the feature that allows the phone to charge another device? –I'm trying to transfer my data via USB-C and the Note 10's battery keeps draining as it's charging the other device, so I'm having to do this a few GBs at a time. How can I turn this off so that the USB-C port is just transferring data??

Second–Issues with Google Log-In
I changed my Google password yesterday and when I entered the new password it wasn't recognized. Then I created another new password and . . . It's not recognized.

When I re-did it, I chose the option to stay logged in on the phone, but it stays logged in on all devices so I can't figure out if it's working elsewhere. I feel like I'm running in circles now. I don't know why this isn't working or what to do to fix it.

Third–Phone number
When I pull up the "About Phone" setting, it shows a phone number that is not mine. –I'm using the same SIM card that was in my Pixel 2. Somewhere, in another setting that I can no longer find, there was a place for phone number at the top of the screen––and it was completely blank!

Fourth–Where do I find the setting that allows me to always show the battery percentage. By default, I can only see it when I pull down to access settings. Since I'm having to recharge in order to finish the data transfer, I'd like to be able to see the battery percentage and, in general, I like to always see this.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide!

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
I just got my Note 10 tonight and I'm having several issues that I hope someone can help me with.

First–how can I turn off the feature that allows the phone to charge another device? –I'm trying to transfer my data via USB-C and the Note 10's battery keeps draining as it's charging the other device, so I'm having to do this a few GBs at a time. How can I turn this off so that the USB-C port is just transferring data??

Second–Issues with Google Log-In
I changed my Google password yesterday and when I entered the new password it wasn't recognized. Then I created another new password and . . . It's not recognized.

When I re-did it, I chose the option to stay logged in on the phone, but it stays logged in on all devices so I can't figure out if it's working elsewhere. I feel like I'm running in circles now. I don't know why this isn't working or what to do to fix it.

Third–Phone number
When I pull up the "About Phone" setting, it shows a phone number that is not mine. –I'm using the same SIM card that was in my Pixel 2. Somewhere, in another setting that I can no longer find, there was a place for phone number at the top of the screen––and it was completely blank!

Fourth–Where do I find the setting that allows me to always show the battery percentage. By default, I can only see it when I pull down to access settings. Since I'm having to recharge in order to finish the data transfer, I'd like to be able to see the battery percentage and, in general, I like to always see this.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide!

Pull your quick toggle screen down. And toggle off wireless power share.

Attachments

• 12411.jpg
    12411.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 17

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
For your second issue you really have to remember that original password. I know no other way around it.
Maybe someone else will.

3rd issue. As long as the Sim is connected to your IMEI you are good.
But you are going to have to call your carrier. They will be the only ones that can insert the phone number there.
There isn't a place where you can just put phone numbers in on the Setting Screen.
That's all touchy stuff.
But there are some highly skilled people here. Just have a little more patience someone will know more information.
I have Sprint and every sim has to match your IMEI number.
WHATEVER carrier you have, they should be able to correct the information for you.

4th Battery percentage

Go to:
Settings, then
Notifications, then
Status bar
Just toggle it on.👍

Last edited:

Apple2Droid

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your assistance! I accidentally posted this thread twice. When I got email notifications on my computer, they didn't direct to either thread after a while, so I couldn't reply.

Tonight I logged into the app on my phone and, voila, both threads appear.

FYI, the password issue was apparently just a lengthy lag time for Google to update it. When I entered it the next day it worked fine.

Thanks again??

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for your assistance! I accidentally posted this thread twice. When I got email notifications on my computer, they didn't direct to either thread after a while, so I couldn't reply.

Tonight I logged into the app on my phone and, voila, both threads appear.

FYI, the password issue was apparently just a lengthy lag time for Google to update it. When I entered it the next day it worked fine.

Thanks again??

Great!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton