This is crazy, where are all my photo tags that were with my Gallery?

AND, when I want to add new Tags to pictures on my Note 10+, they are hastags not tags.

What happened?!?

Thanks,
    Patrick
    09-14-2019 04:13 AM
    Noticed mine are gone as well. Opened a photo, details, edit and tapped on the arrow button next to Tags and was prompted to allow permissions.

I had thought that tags were added to the meta information of the image. Apparently that isnt the case. Seems the tags are stored in a db that doesnt get synced or backed up. Also did some searching and found another forum post where someone said as much.

Side note... I added a tag and there was a notification to "Add tags to apps screen" so I did. Now I have a tags app and when opened displayed the newly created tag. Tapped it and displayed the image.

Crossed my fingers and looked at my Samsung sync settings to see if the Tags app would be there and no joy. So it looks like for now at least, tags wont be synced or backed up.

I might head over to Samsung's forum and start a thread about it and see if I can get some definitive information from Samsung regarding all of the above.
    09-17-2019 06:31 PM
    I started a topic over on Samsungs community to find out more information.
    https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/...App/m-p/839675
    09-17-2019 07:50 PM
    Here is what I got from the Samsung forum...

1.) At this time we can't speculate if it will sync with the Samsung account in the future. I will be happy to tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

2.) No, the tags are not stored the meta data of the images.

3.) As for the database, we do have the tags app which can be turned on and it places an app in the app drawer of your device.
    09-19-2019 05:09 PM