Hi all ... i’m a noob on the android side of things and a couple of dumb questions ...

1. Any reason to not use Chrome instead of the Samsung browser?

2. Screen protector ... any suggestions? Coming from iPhone i’ve always used one, but the curved screen on this one seems a little more complex and getting the right one seems important.

So far loving the display and speed of this thing vs. my old iPhone 8 (still have from work.)

Thanks all!
    09-14-2019 10:36 AM
    Hi all ... i’m a noob on the android side of things and a couple of dumb questions ...

2. Screen protector ... any suggestions? Coming from iPhone i’ve always used one, but the curved screen on this one seems a little more complex and getting the right one seems important.

So far loving the display and speed of this thing vs. my old iPhone 8 (still have from work.)

Thanks all!
    1. I prefer Samsung Internet. It's faster, allows ad blockers, and doesn't use as much battery. YMMV though. Some love Chrome.

2. I'm still using the preinstalled screen protector. If you want glass most suggest Whitestone Dome. I've not used them as I generally don't bother with screen protectors.
    Bear_Down_Chicago likes this.
    09-14-2019 10:38 AM

Thanks all!

Oh, almost forgot, welcome to Android Central!
    09-14-2019 10:39 AM
    personal preference
    Bear_Down_Chicago likes this.
    09-14-2019 10:40 AM
    As to the browser, I use Brave for not only its built in ad blockers, but it's the only browser that has finger printing protection as well, (Google finger printing protection).

However, one thing that Samsung offers that neither Chrome nor Brave do, is a dark mode.

Chrome is a resource hog with no benefits to go along with it.
    09-14-2019 10:57 AM
    I've not used the Samsung browser, I use chrome because I have my bookmarks sync with my Google Gmail account.

I'm currently using the included protector. Waiting for it to peel to switch to the Whitestone dome glass, which I already bought. Most people seem to agree that the fiber print sensor works with Whitestone. But there are some who say it didn't work. I'm one who rarely drops my phone but I did one time and it hot the corner of my lamp bar and the Whitestone cracked protecting the phone's screen. When that happens easily file a warranty claim and pay$10 shopping. I've been happy with Whitestone in the past
    Serkle K likes this.
    09-14-2019 11:29 AM
    I disable chrome as in my opinion it uses too many resources and I like how Samsung Internet works.

I use the Whitestone Dome as it's the best overall option on the market that offers all over adhesion, no deadspots and the fingerprint scanner works.

Case compatible in many cases too.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-14-2019 11:38 AM
    Here's a link that compares chrome to the Samsung Brower

https://techwiser.com/chrome-vs-sams...d-browser/amp/
    09-14-2019 11:46 AM
    Chrome for bookmarks

Whitestone Dome because it's the only one to use for curved screens. Follow directions carefully and watch a few YouTube videos and you'll get it right!
    09-14-2019 11:51 AM
    As to the browser, I use Brave for not only its built in ad blockers, but it's the only browser that has finger printing protection as well, (Google finger printing protection).

However, one thing that Samsung offers that neither Chrome nor Brave do, is a dark mode.

Chrome is a resource hog with no benefits to go along with it.
    I have always used Chrome but having the ability for dark mode might be enough for me to switch!! Thank You!

After a little research... You can use Dark Mode in Chrome on android.
    https://www.techradar.com/how-to/how...-google-chrome
    adegbenroagoro likes this.
    09-14-2019 01:51 PM

Thanks all!
    I used chrome for a while then found that the samsung browser is faster and less ads. I'm using the factory protector until it peels then I'll be installing a liquid glass protector.
    09-14-2019 04:51 PM
    For my phone, I prefer using the Samsung browser. I only use Chrome on my laptops.
    09-14-2019 05:10 PM

Thanks all!
    I've never liked Chrome on smartphones. It's had a dark mode for over a year but I still disliked it. Samsung Internet browser had been my choice for several years. I've never used a screen protector. Only mishap I've ever had was with my Galaxy S3 back in 2013- 3 days before I planned to buy the S4.
    09-14-2019 05:29 PM
    Samsung browser has the ad blocker and you can use your fingerprint to log into sites

Screen protectors are a waste of money
    09-14-2019 06:36 PM
    Samsung browser has the ad blocker and you can use your fingerprint to log into sites

Screen protectors are a waste of money
    I used to feel that way about screen protectors until I cracked my iPhone 6+ from a relatively small fall. I’ve had tempered glass ones on my iPhones ever since and just replace them every 6 months or so.

Thanks to all for the feedback on browsers. Going to give Brave a try.
    09-14-2019 10:09 PM
    I prefer to use Samsung internet for my phones while I use Chrome for my laptop and desktop. I like Samsung secret mode much better than Chrome.

I'm one of the rare folks on this forum that doesn't use White Stone as my screen protector. For my note 8 I stumbled on the TPU plastic wet mount style protectors and I prefer those. My main purpose in using the screen protector is to protect from scratches rather than falls. Once the factory-installed protector goes bad I have my Illumi Aquashield ready to install.
    09-14-2019 10:19 PM