Blocked Call Notification - How to Turn Off?

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I really don't care if it shows up in the pull down - but it give an audible alert tone if a blocked caller calls, and I have to pull down the shade to see that it wasn't an alert for anything important (blocked robo callers are not important to me to know about - just block them and don't bother me with an alert to tell me you did your job).

I cannot figure out where to turn that off. I don't remember getting these alerts on my Note 8.

I've looked all through notifications in settings, and can't find anything.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You can't block a robocaller, since they use a random callerID for each call. (I just got a call yesterday, asking what I had called the caller about. I hadn't, a robocaller had, using my number.)

And, since the callerID doesn't come through until after the first ring, the phone is going to ring once on a blocked call.

As far as notifications, look in the Settings > Notifications section of the app you're blocking the calls in. Not in the phone's Settings, in the app's Settings.

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
You can't block a robocaller, since they use a random callerID for each call. (I just got a call yesterday, asking what I had called the caller about. I hadn't, a robocaller had, using my number.)

And, since the callerID doesn't come through until after the first ring, the phone is going to ring once on a blocked call.

As far as notifications, look in the Settings > Notifications section of the app you're blocking the calls in. Not in the phone's Settings, in the app's Settings.

I block calls from the phone - you click on the number and hit the "i" next to the messaging icon - and block caller. Some of them are apparently using the same number, because it will alert that I had a blocked call and list the phone number.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I block calls from the phone - you click on the number and hit the "i" next to the messaging icon - and block caller. Some of them are apparently using the same number, because it will alert that I had a blocked call and list the phone number.

you actually get a notification or it's there in recents showing they called?

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
you actually get a notification or it's there in recents showing they called?

I am getting notifications in the pull down shade (same you pull down for toggles, notifications just below the one row of toggles if you don't do a double pull down). And it gives the same alert as I have set for Textra - then I'll see I don't actually have a text, pull down the shade and it will say blocked call at the current time.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I am getting notifications in the pull down shade

And it gives the same alert as I have set for Textra

have you checked textra to see if someone you don't know that is blocked has texted you, or is it really a call? if it's really a call, I'm surprised because I don't usually get nots for blocked numbers

I got a call today but no notification, didn't recognize it so it's probably one I have blocked.

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
have you checked textra to see if someone you don't know that is blocked has texted you, or is it really a call? if it's really a call, I'm surprised because I don't usually get nots for blocked numbers

I got a call today but no notification, didn't recognize it so it's probably one I have blocked.

Yup - it's really a call. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact I downloaded the tone from Zedge, because I missed "dewdrop" that I had on my Note 8.

I actually downloaded my old ringtone (Holiday) and alarm (Coffee) from there too. I didn't like any of the notifications or ringtones offered on the 10+.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site

With hiya my phone rarely rings and just has a notification a call was blocked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool