Keep pop up window opened when closing the background app

kang8690

Sep 15, 2019
Visit site
Is there a way to keep the pop up window open while closing the full screen app I'm the background?

For example I have YouTube app opened on the pop up, and chrome or messages in the background.

When I hit the home button, the chrome/messages app closed but the YouTube pop up also minimized to the bubble

Is there a way to keep the pop up window always on?

Last edited:

kang8690

Sep 15, 2019
Visit site
No the YouTube is from the YouTube app.

But the problem doesn't just apply to youtube

Any pop up view app I open always minimizes to the bubble whenever I hit the home button (which also closes the background app too)

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
I don't know the name of the button but what happens if instead of tapping home, you tap the button left of it. the one that shows all the open apps? you might be able to close chrome there without affecting youtube.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
You get a little icon bubble correct on homescreen if so there's a setting to turn it off i had it when first got Note10 Plus can't remember now , i am at work.
No the YouTube is from the YouTube app.

But the problem doesn't just apply to youtube

Any pop up view app I open always minimizes to the bubble whenever I hit the home button (which also closes the background app too)

waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Is there a way to keep the pop up window open while closing the full screen app I'm the background?

For example I have YouTube app opened on the pop up, and chrome or messages in the background.

When I hit the home button, the chrome/messages app closed but the YouTube pop up also minimized to the bubble

Is there a way to keep the pop up window always on?

If you back out of the full screen app, the YouTube pop up stays open. Just tried it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Make sure you don't have any power-saving modes turned on, or 3rd party battery-saver or "RAM booster" apps installed. Those might force the app to close out of RAM once you back out of it, even when you don't want it to. If you don't have any of those apps installed, then try turning off Battery Optimization for the app in the system settings.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I assume that means no 3rd party apps that might be messing with power or RAM, correct?

I don't know about every phone out there, but I wouldn't be surprised if some came with a power-saving mode turned on by default. So it's still worth checking to see if that's the case.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGoeu1H4U2U

here is a video i made to show the problem, notice how i have the pop up opened on youtube with video playing, while there is chrome in the background.

But as soon as i click the home button to return to home screen, the youtube shrinks into a bubble

Oh wait now i see what your talking about , multi task does that , interesting i dont use multi task , but it does what you said thought.