If so, what particular video editing app are you using and why? What other techniques are you using for shooting and creating a YouTube channel? I am intrigued by others doing this.
    09-15-2019 03:02 PM
    Anyone doing any type of serious YouTube wouldn't use a phone.
    09-15-2019 05:12 PM
    J.Williams shoots about half or a little more of his content with all the smartphones he buys to show how well the cameras really are, and to show this it is quite possible to shoot a vlog on phones, let alone the Note10+.

There has been a few other YT reviewers that have made a few posts specifically with the Note10+ to show it can be done as well.

Most of them reccomend using something like Adobe premier Rush for better editing if you're going to do everything from the device itself.
    Alan Sims and 11B1P like this.
    09-15-2019 07:49 PM
    J.Williams shoots about half or a little more of his content with all the smartphones he buys to show how well the cameras really are, and to show this it is quite possible to shoot a vlog on phones, let alone the Note10+.

There has been a few other YT reviewers that have made a few posts specifically with the Note10+ to show it can be done as well.

Most of them reccomend using something like Adobe premier Rush for better editing if you're going to do everything from the device itself.
    So his YouTube is to show how good cameras are on phones? Well then yes it would make sense. The 1-2 you named here don't make up the majority .. since the majority definitely are going to use real cameras if they have a serious channel and do it for a living.

Just because it can be done doesn't mean they do it.
    09-15-2019 08:33 PM
    So his YouTube is to show how good cameras are on phones? Well then yes it would make sense. The 1-2 you named here don't make up the majority .. since the majority definitely are going to use real cameras if they have a serious channel and do it for a living.

This depends on the youtuber. There are actually tons of them that do their entire YouTube blogs from their phones. I even follow some that started on their phone because it's the cheapest route and still to this day use their phones and have gotten YouTube awards....yeah so it depends on the vloggers.
    Serkle K likes this.
    09-15-2019 09:35 PM

No, his channel is to review smartphones and accessories. And as the other person mentioned, a lot of YT reviewers use phones because it's more portable and they are quite capable.

Just because you don't agree with it, is your opinion, it's not a fact.
    09-15-2019 09:47 PM
    Just because you don't agree with it, is your opinion, it's not a fact.
    Same to you lol
    09-15-2019 10:27 PM
    Same to you lol
    I never stated my opinion was a fact. I simply pointed out the actual fact, that there are serious YouTube reviewers that are actually using mobile phones to record their content. That's not an opinion at all. It is, an actual fact.
    09-15-2019 11:11 PM
    I never stated my opinion was a fact. I simply pointed out the actual fact, that there are serious YouTube reviewers that are actually using mobile phones to record their content. That's not an opinion at all. It is, an actual fact.
    Oh yeah I never said there aren't any. I was saying majority don't. I see why you were confused now.
    09-15-2019 11:43 PM
    I'd say it's absolutely possible to do so and also in superb quality but it would be a bit of a pain in the you know what
    09-16-2019 01:52 AM
    im not gonna start a debate on phones vs dslr or RED 8k rigs but its possible.as phones nowadays(especially flagship phones)have crazy quality and the results are good.not as good as RED rigs but good enough for youtube level stuff.

not to forget mobility...imagine a youtuber who uses RED 8k to shoot youtube videos and they gotta carry it wherever they go or the amount of money they have to spend...like a $2000 smartphone vs a $40,000 RED 8k camera...

but thats just my personal thought though.
    09-16-2019 03:26 AM
    I will not be doing any serious video work or vlogging, but ever since my old days of doing heavy still photography work, I've been slightly intrigued by videos. I guess I'm a little more intrigued by videos nowadays with the whole YouTube craze thing. So I may want to dabble in it for fun.

I'm not keen on spending over $10k for "real" camera gear/lighting/recording equipment, so a smartphone for now is sufficient. I know that serious vlogging requires a "real" camera body and lens, plus an external microphone and lighting source for optimal quality. In my film/digital days, I must have spent way over $75k for tons of equipment that could easily fill 2 bedrooms, plus even more on computer equipment.

I watch a lot of YouTube videos. Among many that I subscribe to, Michael Fisher of "Mr.Mobile" channel recently shot an entire video on the Note 10+ just to see if it can be done decently. Normally he uses his real gear.

Here's a link to Michael Fisher's entire video shot with the Note 10+ phone and using the Adobe Rush Android phone editing app:

By the way, has anyone seen these interesting portable devices below?

Osmo Pocket camera:
    https://store.dji.com/product/osmo-p...ucts&vid=48141

Osmo Folding 3 folding gimbal for your smartphone:
    https://store.dji.com/product/osmo-m..._BwE&vid=83691
    09-16-2019 10:18 AM
    I will not be doing any serious video work or vlogging, but ever since my old days of doing heavy still photography work, I've been slightly intrigued by videos. I guess I'm a little more intrigued by videos nowadays with the whole YouTube craze thing. So I may want to dabble in it for fun.

I'm not keen on spending over $10k for "real" camera gear/lighting/recording equipment, so a smartphone for now is sufficient. I know that serious vlogging requires a "real" camera body and lens, plus an external microphone and lighting source for optimal quality. In my film/digital days, I must have spent way over $75k for tons of equipment that could easily fill 2 bedrooms, plus even more on computer equipment.

I watch a lot of YouTube videos. Among many that I subscribe to, Michael Fisher of "Mr.Mobile" channel recently shot an entire video on the Note 10+ just to see if it can be done decently. Normally he uses his real gear.

Here's a link to Michael Fisher's entire video shot with the Note 10+ phone and using the Adobe Rush Android phone editing app:

By the way, has anyone seen these interesting portable devices below?

Osmo Pocket camera:
    https://store.dji.com/product/osmo-p...ucts&vid=48141

Osmo Folding 3 folding gimbal for your smartphone:
    https://store.dji.com/product/osmo-m..._BwE&vid=83691
    I've always like the Osmo gimbel. I have the 3 on my list for the holiday season.

The Mr. Mobile video is one of the other reviewers I was referring to. Joshua Vergara also did a similar video. From conception, to recording, to editing and publishing the blog to his Channel. All on the Note10+ as well.
    09-16-2019 10:42 AM
    I was all set on using Adobe Premier Rush video editing app, but I gagged when I noticed the monthly subscription price. Apparently you cannot purchase this app outright for a perpetual license, it's strictly a "rental" usage only which I don't care for. I'm currently searching for other video editing apps that can be used both on my Note 10+ phone as well as a Windows computer. I don't mind paying a reasonable one time fee for a perpetual license, but I refuse to pay a monthly subscription fee.
    09-16-2019 11:24 AM
    I ended up purchasing a video editor app called Filmora9 which has many decent reviews as being full-featured for beginners but not too complicated. For a one time perpetual license cost of $59.99, that's not bad at all. Plus it has an interface to export the finished video directly to your Youtube channel which makes it user friendly.

Here's a link for the app which runs on both Windows and Mac. Plus there is a dumbed down version of Filmora9 app for your Android phone which is easy to use:
    https://filmora.wondershare.net/vide...4aAuYjEALw_wcB

Google Play store phone version link:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...orago&hl=en_US
    Serkle K likes this.
    09-17-2019 05:24 PM
    I ended up purchasing a video editor app called Filmora9 which has many decent reviews as being full-featured for beginners but not too complicated. For a one time perpetual license cost of $59.99, that's not bad at all. Plus it has an interface to export the finished video directly to your Youtube channel which makes it user friendly.

Here's a link for the app which runs on both Windows and Mac. Plus there is a dumbed down version of Filmora9 app for your Android phone which is easy to use:
    https://filmora.wondershare.net/vide...4aAuYjEALw_wcB

Google Play store phone version link:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...orago&hl=en_US
    I should maybe add that the free Windows computer version adds a rather thick and noticeable Filmora watermark at bottom of the finished video which is annoying in my opinion. But the Android free phone version doesn't have the watermark.
    09-17-2019 10:10 PM