So our Note 10 will be old come March! Greggels, first half Spen phone. $$

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
This stinks lol. Merging the S line with the Note. Okay that's fine but that means in March the next spen phone will be out and our Note 10 will be old and we will have to chuck out money in a few months again!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJgiILEvtr0

Doesn't bother me. It seems like they've been moving in this direction a couple years now.

I've been upgrading every Aug/Sept for 6 or so years. If this hybrid starts in March 2020, my upgrade cycle will change starting March 2021. I don't care what it's called; I just need the stylus with the extra functionality.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Yeah saw this Finally this was talked back a few years i am very happy this is happening Hopefully.

Yea, except in 6 months I will be shelling out $$$ once again! Hopefully they push it back to maybe later in the Summer next year. Then release the Fold in OCT maybe then the following year release the S12 in late March as usuall. That's too soon to have a new Note phone come out in March.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yea, except in 6 months I will be shelling out $$$ once again! Hopefully they push it back to maybe later in the Summer next year. Then release the Fold in OCT maybe then the following year release the S12 in late March as usuall. That's too soon to have a new Note phone come out in March.
I have mixed feelings about this ..

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

True But I think it won't happen Yet most likely will Happen on The S12, Note12 Lines .

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
They should just do away with the S line and replace it with the Fold line, since they announced them together at the S10 event. Drop the next, cheaper fold in the spring, and keep the Note line, and it's releases in the late summer/early fall, like usual.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I saw this coming and it's why I'm buying my Note 10 straight out, full price, wanted to keep my heavily discounted upgrade for just in case a very expensive foldable Note will be launched as part of the S-line next year.
They have already patented a foldable glass and there is the 64 and 108mp camera lenses, graphene batteries rumoured for S11 quite heavily too.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
No offense but sounds like you've got an addiction problem. The Note 10 will not be old or outdated for a few years.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
This stinks lol. Merging the S line with the Note. Okay that's fine but that means in March the next spen phone will be out and our Note 10 will be old and we will have to chuck out money in a few months again!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJgiILEvtr0

You do know you don't HAVE to spend that money on a new phone right? Every phone that comes out will be supposedly outdated when a new iteration is released .It's the cycle. Lol

Anyway it's no big deal to me if they merge the s and note lines. If you really think about it since the s8 the s and note lines were becoming so similar. The things that were setting the notes apart from the s line are becoming non existent with the exception of the s pen.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I doubt they will merge soo soon...I say give it more 2 years when we get a foldable phone with S pen...then there will have 2 flagships phones by samsung....

lyingfromyou

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Why not? He's right.. They're pretty much the same thing except certain spec and hardware differences.

Merge them, offer four variations ranging in specs to size, make the most budgeted model without the S-Pen, and that's a wrap! Everyone's happy!

Call it The "Galaxy S Note One" Like rebooting a movie except more exciting!

Samsung, hit me up bruh! These thoughts are always flowing...

Last edited:

Starfleet Captain

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Can't say I'm happy about this... But it may not be a horrible thing if done correctly. They could follow in Apple's footsteps with a bit of rebranding. Get rid of the "S" and "Note" naming schemes but keep the numbers as they would normally be as to not confuse the public. For example, They should release 2 phones in March of next year: Call them the Galaxy 11, and the Galaxy 11 Plus. Then, 2 months later, the Galaxy 11 Pro (for professionals). The Pro would be the s-pen device. They could announce all 3 at the same time, but the 2 month release difference would give current Note users some time to adjust. Then, in 2021, They could release all three Galaxy 12's at the same time.

The Galaxy 11 would be for people who like the functionality of Galaxy phones but in a smaller package (i.e. my ex gf). Price Point: $700

The Galaxy 11 Plus would be for people who like bigger screen phones and bigger batteries. Maybe throw an extra feature or two on this device to justify the price difference. Price Point: $950

The Galaxy 11 Pro would be geared toward business professionals and creators. Throw in some extra RAM to accomodate S-Pen features. Price Point : $1100

Last edited:

tekjunkie28

May 23, 2011
Visit site
No offense but sounds like you've got an addiction problem. The Note 10 will not be old or outdated for a few years.
Lol yea sounds like but just a few years ago a 1 year old phone was much less usefully when talking about speed and battery life. I can't believe I've had my note 8 since launch day and it feels brand new. Battery life is excellent and the speed is still there although it is started to get a little hesitant sometimes. I chalk it up to the software though.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I think it makes sense since they started to release a smaller Note. However, they need to keep the smaller Note on par with specs with the larger model and still keep the cheaper "e" model. Because that regular Note 10 definitely feels more like an "e" version for the Note line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol