Fast Wireless Charging Stopped Working...

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
...what does this mean. I put my 10+ on my charger when I got up this morning (it was down to 52%). after 2.5 hours it was still only at 80%. put it back on the charger and it wasn't increasing as fast as it normally would. just went into the settings for fast wireless charging and toggled the switch on and off three times. now it's charging normally and immediately jumped up to 84%.

now what? is this a software thing or a hardware thing? I'm past my 14 days and bought from Samsung so you know I'll get no help there... *eye roll*

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
now the battery is actually dropping in charge even though it's still on the wireless charger and the wireless charger works fine. nothing changed from last night to this morning.

eta - flipped the button back and forth again and now it's charging again

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
now the battery is actually dropping in charge even though it's still on the wireless charger and the wireless charger works fine. nothing changed from last night to this morning.

eta - flipped the button back and forth again and now it's charging again
Try it in safe mode the next time you have trouble to rule out any conflicting apps.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Try it in safe mode the next time you have trouble to rule out any conflicting apps.

just tested and it works fine on fast cable charging so it's definitely related to wireless. the charger 100% works as I'm presently charging my Note 4 on it. I have today and tomorrow to figure out if this needs to go back.

how to I boot into safe mode? thank you.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
also, no new apps were added between last night and this morning. it was working fine at bedtime and this morning it's not. nothing was updated, etc. everything the same. though the battery dropped hard and fast last night with little use.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
charged up 2% immediately. very fast. it said one minute and then was done on safe mode. going to let it drop some now that I'm back in regular mode and see what happens.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
What does it say in the drop down notification while it's charging? Does it say Fast Charging Wirelessly or something to that affect or does it just say Wirelessly Charging? What kind of wireless charger do you have?

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
in the not panel it doesn't say fast wireless charging. just wireless charging, so what happened? is this a hardware thing or a software thing? new as of this morning.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
My problem is that I just plug things in and don't play that much attention.
same. I don't know that it ever said fast wireless charging because I have certain things enacted, like a black screen saver and screen off stuff through AutomateIt so I don't see the charging info, etc.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
here is an example of my charging today. times when it went up and down I was fiddling with things

82% 10:14

80% 11:40

81% 11:46

82% 11:51

81% 12:00

87% 12:24

90% 12:33

98% 1:03

100% 1:11

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads