Fast Wireless Charging Stopped Working...

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
thank you.

is there anyone who thinks a factory reset will cure this? I mean don't want to, but might if the consensus thinks it will help in some way.
If you're saying it works fine in Safe Mode then that points to it being software related. So a factory reset might be your best and fastest option. Don't do a restore and see if your issue is resolved.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I have just about every Samsung charger there is. The Only way that mine will show the fast charge is with the new 15 watt charger, cable and stand. It doesn't with any of the newer Samsung chargers except the newest.

right. and I do know that. I'm tired, but the fact remains that until today everything flowed the way it always had and now the phone is having a fit.

eta - that's why I'm waiting to replace this charger. it works well, just not as well as it could if it were made for the Note 10

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
If you're saying it works fine in Safe Mode then that points to it being software related. So a factory reset might be your best and fastest option. Don't do a restore and see if your issue is resolved.

it immediately worked perfectly. so I'll consider that after I've exhausted every other possibility and tested other things.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Working fine on safe mode probably means a conflict with a third party app. Do you have any battery related app that you downloaded?

none. but, a bit of weirdness, a spinning blue icon thing showed up this afternoon in the lower right hand of my screen when charging started. I did not install anything...

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
right. and I do know that. I'm tired, but the fact remains that until today everything flowed the way it always had and now the phone is having a fit.

eta - that's why I'm waiting to replace this charger. it works well, just not as well as it could if it were made for the Note 10
One thing to consider is charging speeds will also very on what resources are being used up by your device at that moment which can also be the reason why it works fine in Safe Mode because your device is utilizing less resources. If you use a proper wireless charger for your device you won't have these inconsistencies. Like I suggested earlier is to buy an officially support wireless fast charger and see how that goes. You can always return it or keep depending on the outcome.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
none. but, a bit of weirdness, a spinning blue icon thing showed up this afternoon in the lower right hand of my screen when charging started. I did not install anything...
That could be a sign of a third party app doing funny things in the background. Try checking which apps have the 'draw over other apps' permission enabled.

Oh wait, Samsung named that permission differently and I can't remember it right now. Let's ping @mustang7757 for the rescue :)

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
One thing to consider is charging speeds will also very on what resources are being used up by your device at that moment which can also be the reason why it works fine in Safe Mode because your device is utilizing less resources. If you use a proper wireless charger for your device you won't have these inconsistencies. Like I suggested earlier is to buy an officially support wireless fast charger and see how that goes. You can always return it or keep depending on the outcome.

yes. I considered that too and disabled things I knew would affect it, but that said, those same apps were always running on previous days. today was very unique in the scheme of things.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I have just about every Samsung charger there is. The Only way that mine will show the fast charge is with the new 15 watt charger, cable and stand. It doesn't with any of the newer Samsung chargers except the newest.
The Samsung Duo wireless charger and 2018 convertible one initiates Fast Wireless charging.

Last edited:

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Mine fast charges with the 2018 fast wireless charger and another Samsung fast wireless charger that is definitely not new but looks like the 2018 one that someone gave me as a gift.

svtcobra

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site

Now that I think about it, the 2018 fast charger did work a couple of times. And never did again.

one0one951

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
This may not resolve your issue, but I'm familiar with that blue spinning thing you're talking about. Mine does it when the screen cuts off as it loads the black screen saver I set up. I got tired of the charging indicator and saw that someone else on here fixed it that way. I've also noticed that it charges much slower when the screen is on. I used to be able to keep my Note 9 in the dash with navigation and music going and still charge fairly quickly. I have to turn the screen off with this one. I am currently testing to see if the wireless charging is slowed when the screen is "on" because of the full black screen saver.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
This may not resolve your issue, but I'm familiar with that blue spinning thing you're talking about. Mine does it when the screen cuts off as it loads the black screen saver I set up. I got tired of the charging indicator and saw that someone else on here fixed it that way. I've also noticed that it charges much slower when the screen is on. I used to be able to keep my Note 9 in the dash with navigation and music going and still charge fairly quickly. I have to turn the screen off with this one. I am currently testing to see if the wireless charging is slowed when the screen is "on" because of the full black screen saver.
Activity for sure will slow a charger down. What the threshold is I don't know for sure.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Which model wireless charger do you have? Some 3rd party wireless chargers don't trigger fast wireless changing which is why it's not displaying it in the not panel. Also, the first gen, maybe 2nd gen, Samsung fast wireless charger won't either.

This. The wireless pad that I received with the S7 after the Note 7 fiasco will not fast charge the note 10 for more than a few seconds using the note10 220v charger.. It does not work at all with the original s7 charge wart.

The note9 wireless pad works just fine. From 52% to full in about 30 minutes.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

weird that it only started yesterday, but the symptoms coincide. thanks for your input and testing it.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
back to horribly slow charging and percentage actually dropping again. I turned off the screen saver and changed my theme after rebooting. seems to be working better now. much better now. my device was getting warm too.

Last edited:

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
back to horribly slow charging and percentage actually dropping again. I turned off the screen saver and changed my theme after rebooting. seems to be working better now. much better now. my device was getting warm too.
Unfortunately its hard to determine which end is the problem unless you can try the device on another charger or another charger on the device

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately its hard to determine which end is the problem unless you can try the device on another charger or another charger on the device

it's fixed! it was the screensaver creating issues and, I believe, the charger turning off charging because it got warm. removed the black screen saver and no more problems, fingers crossed. it worked today but we'll see in the morning. I also ordered two charging pads for the bedroom and will keep whichever works best. that alone will take the pressure off of my charging stand until a decent one that's built for the Note 10 hits the market. don't like this year's Samsung model but I grabbed last year's charging pad for my room.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
it's fixed! it was the screensaver creating issues and, I believe, the charger turning off charging because it got warm. removed the black screen saver and no more problems, fingers crossed. it worked today but we'll see in the morning. I also ordered two charging pads for the bedroom and will keep whichever works best. that alone will take the pressure off of my charging stand until a decent one that's built for the Note 10 hits the market. don't like this year's Samsung model but I grabbed last year's charging pad for my room.
You put us through lot of trouble and a screen saver , lie say it was a bad device, make me feel better
All kidding aside Glad you figured it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae