On my S9 I could long press on a recent call and there would be an option to block the number. On my Note 10 it just gives me an option to delete. Am I missing something or is this not available anymore? Or was that maybe Hiya that allowed that? Pretty sure it was preinstalled on my s9 but haven't seen it on the note.
    09-17-2019 12:40 PM
    I have the option to block calls on my Verizon Note 10 plus.

Been playing around with this Call Assistant app and it's pretty cool. You can place spam callers on hold where they listen to music until they get sick of it and hang up.

https://www.callassistantapp.com
    09-17-2019 01:27 PM
    Click on on the recent number see this i blocked 1
    Look to the bottom after you click the recent call .
    BTW this is my AT&T Note10 Plus, so not sure for other carriers or unlocked phones.
    On my S9 I could long press on a recent call and there would be an option to block the number. On my Note 10 it just gives me an option to delete. Am I missing something or is this not available anymore? Or was that maybe Hiya that allowed that? Pretty sure it was preinstalled on my s9 but haven't seen it on the note.
    Blocking spam phone calls?-screenshot_20190917-112833_phone.jpegBlocking spam phone calls?-screenshot_20190917-112845_phone.jpeg
    09-17-2019 01:31 PM
    Anyone have thoughts on Hiya. I'm doing a one month trial and it helps that I get location or name and location. The way the spammers work it seems hard to find a good solution to spamming.
    09-17-2019 02:42 PM
    Ok, it is working now. I swear that it wasn't at the time though. I believe it was like that with my s9 as well now that I think of it. Occasionally tapping on the number only brought up the delete option.

Thanks.

burwll- I liked the app at one time. But from what I've read on the play store it has gone to a subscription service.
    09-17-2019 03:28 PM
    That's true. I don't think there is anything out there that's going to be real effective. Need tougher laws to crack down on these folks.
    09-17-2019 03:36 PM
    I've been using an app called Robokiller and it's been working pretty well. You even get to pick a funny recording for them to hear like it's you answering, but in a different recorded voice. Only sometimes it puts people from my contacts in the block list, which I found after awhile. It does block like 90% of the spam callers though. I saw a commercial for it while listening to music on youtube.
    09-17-2019 11:22 PM
    I had Robokiller when I owned the Max. It was good for awhile but began to let in all sorts of spam. The spammers have become more sophisticated apparently and these call blockers can't quite deal with them. The Robokiller answer bots are hilarious. A couple of spammers I heard from the call recordings could be heard chuckling when they figured out what was going on.
    09-17-2019 11:40 PM
    Anyone have thoughts on Hiya. I'm doing a one month trial and it helps that I get location or name and location. The way the spammers work it seems hard to find a good solution to spamming.
    Do a look up of HiYa on the net. VERY BAD PRIVACY! I use Call Blocker Pro from the play store. Almost 2 years on all of my devices. It has worked perfectly every single time.
    09-18-2019 12:44 AM