I've been a "S" series user since the S8 and been looking for a change. I got the s10 plus and never experienced the note series. Any tips and tricks for a newbie?
    09-17-2019 09:34 PM
    I've been a "S" series user since the S8 and been looking for a change. I got the s10 plus and never experienced the note series. Any tips and tricks for a newbie?
    More of a theoretical tip:

Don't force yourself to use the S-Pen.

Don't use it because you feel like you should.

Be patient and figure out how the S-Pen can benefit you in certain situations and then make them habits.
    Lecrae116, RevePro, Angmoe and 2 others like this.
    09-17-2019 09:45 PM
    More of a theoretical tip:

Don't force yourself to use the S-Pen.

Don't use it because you feel like you should.

Be patient and figure out how the S-Pen can benefit you in certain situations and then make them habits.
    I respectfully disagree and feel the opposite. If you got the Note you're not taking full advantage of your purchase by not using the S-Pen and to really get to use it's full potential is to force yourself to use it that way you remember its there to serve a purpose and makes you really see it's full potential. It's hard to break old habits unless you force yourself to learn new ones. Once you force yourself to use it you'll be glad you got a Note device as the spen does wonders. Otherwise you'd be better off just sticking with the S10+.
    09-17-2019 11:06 PM
    I'd suggest to watch some YouTube tutorials from people like sakitech and Techisode TV to name a couple of YouTube people.

You'll come across lots of very useful tips and how to get the best from your new phone.

Of course we are all here to answer any questions you may have.
    09-17-2019 11:20 PM
    Welcome to Note side
    I recommend going into phone settings scroll down to tips , and can learn some things there and off screen write is pretty awesome . Just use it and get familiar even in camera settings.
    rabernet and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-17-2019 11:36 PM
    Personally I would use the pen a bunch to see and experience what it can do. If it doesn't feel natural or normal after a short time don't force it.

I love the pen, but don't bother using it for most things it can do. It's mostly for photo editing or when I know I'm just kicking back and using the phone for awhile I like to use it for most everything.

Pulling my phone out to do something quick, look something up, reply to notifications, etc and I usually won't pull the pen out as it's just not worth the hassle for a moment of use.
    Alan Sims, Laura Knotek and Angmoe like this.
    09-18-2019 12:24 AM
    Decide when you will be using the Spen and when you do use it, the more you do the better you get at working with it.
    It's a very handy tool. If you don't use the Spen you shouldn't grabbed the note.
    Just some advice. Because people are buying the note series and they are not using the S-Pen. So you can save yourself a lot of money just by staying with like an S10 plus or lets say an S10 or S10e.
    Jmo
    Great that you have one though!
    Patience though llif you can.
    Practice makes perfect!

Get started by making list for shopping.
    Practice making gif's
    Learn to control it close to the edges.
    Tutorials all over YouTube.

You'll be an Spen warrior before you know it.
    09-18-2019 12:41 AM
    just watch a YouTube video every 2-3 days to learn how make it useful for yourself
    09-18-2019 12:56 AM
    I respectfully disagree and feel the opposite. If you got the Note you're not taking full advantage of your purchase by not using the S-Pen and to really get to use it's full potential is to force yourself to use it that way you remember its there to serve a purpose and makes you really see it's full potential. It's hard to break old habits unless you force yourself to learn new ones. Once you force yourself to use it you'll be glad you got a Note device as the spen does wonders. Otherwise you'd be better off just sticking with the S10+.
    My point was that he shouldn't force his way out of yohe S-Pen if you catch my drift.

I take the S-Pen out maybe 2-3 times per day, and it serves a purpose and I love it.
    09-18-2019 05:27 AM
    it's a wonderful device. read, learn, enjoy.
    09-18-2019 05:58 AM
    it's a wonderful device. read, learn, enjoy.
    And patience is big with this device. It's not a day one have it all set up device like iPhones.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-18-2019 06:24 AM
    And patience is big with this device. It's not a day one have it all set up device like iPhones.

very true. but that's part of the beauty. having it just the way you like it, and learning along the way.
    mjs2011 likes this.
    09-18-2019 06:32 AM
    The Spen air gestures are actually really good for music and YouTube. Being able to pause skip or change volume without even touching your device is very convenient.
    09-18-2019 07:21 AM
    Nope the best part is meeting people in here (Android Central) and maybe learning something. HEY LOOK I SEE SOMETHING SHINY!!!
    toenail_flicker and rabernet like this.
    09-18-2019 07:41 AM
    I'm gonna be setting it up tomorrow and wanted to know in terms of battery drain,if I really should be restoring my backup or starting from scratch.
    09-18-2019 08:15 AM
    I'm gonna be setting it up tomorrow and wanted to know in terms of battery drain,if I really should be restoring my backup or starting from scratch.

best to start from scratch with apps. everything else you should be fine bringing in - contacts, etc.
    09-18-2019 08:49 AM
    Depends, if you do a lot of tweeks to the actual system of your device (i.e. package disabler, developer options, custom roms, etc.) Then I wouldn't do a full restore. You'd be fine restoring everything that your Google Account backs up tho.

I don't do any crazy modifications to the system and do a full restore with both Google and Samsung Smart Switch on almost all my devices with no issues. With the Note 10+ since it no longer supports VR I had to manually go in and uninstall all the VR stuff that transferred over from my S10.
    09-18-2019 10:19 AM
    Take your time. Watch YouTube videos and learn the functions. The Note does so much more than other phones that either people become overwhelmed or they never discover features that could otherwise be useful to them. Not every feature will be something you need or want to use, but if you don't take the time learn, you will never be able to make that decision. Enjoy your Note!
    09-18-2019 12:10 PM
    Love the Bixby Routine, which my Note9 didn't have , can do so much with it . And no i don't use Bixby at all don't like it, but glad you can change that button to power.
    09-18-2019 03:38 PM