Edge Lighting notification question

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, Was looking for some help / confirmation on something as I'm going a bit insane looking for this option in the settings.

Note 10 plus user, currently have edge lighting enabled and always on display set to always.

Is there a way that when a notification comes in, only my edge lighting is enabled? currently what happens is a small pop up notification appears below the camera cut out with the message - however I would like it if only the edge lighting happened.

I did try turning off lock screen notifications and it worked, however my AOD doesn't update to show me I have a notification.

Hope this makes sense :)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi , I have to test this out .
I usually leave edge lighting off , it kinda of bothered me while in a app to see the lighting around the edges light up while doing something. I'll test and report back here unless another member comes with a solution before me .

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm still testing this out ,have you played with the settings in edge lighting? Go into settings of the phone >display>edge lighting you can configure it to do few things just tap on those sub menus. Screenshot_20190919-093639_Edge%20screen.jpeg

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Appreciate the help mate - yeah I've messed about with the edge lighting settings - still come back with the same result. All works fine, just wish I could have the edge lighting only and the AOD working

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Appreciate the help mate - yeah I've messed about with the edge lighting settings - still come back with the same result. All works fine, just wish I could have the edge lighting only and the AOD working
No problem, also try Samsung good lock , it really good app in Samsung galaxy app store that expands on modifying these settings even more . Will report back

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
You can't get ride of the pop up. Even with hide on lock screen picked the pop up still shows up on the aod, but instead of your message it says content hidden.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tony2