iPhone 11 Pro screen puts the Note 10 to shame

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
The new iPhone camera set up reminds me of a fidget spinner.... lol. ;)

However from the specs sheet yes it looks impressive but time will tell when people on the street start using them and reporting back.

I like others watch YouTube reviews but take into account they want clicks and views to earn them revenue so take on board what you feel is relevant.

The screen on my N10+ is extraordinary and I'm sure it's the same with the new iPhones but that wouldn't tempt me to buy into one I'm afraid.

The way Apple restrict their hardware and iOS software by sandboxing it is too restricting for me.

Just my opinion.

For me it's more about the software above hardware as in most cases the hardware is comparible but with poor or restricted software this spoils what the hardware can bring.

Again just my opinion.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
No Android wouldn't die. Customizing options isn't the only reason that people choose Android. Major reason yes, but there are more factors to consider.
Well. If Apple did that. Android would die... IPhones nowadays are already good enough. And they are hella fast.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I still don't get how apple can make a device with a 6.5 inch screen, but not let you use two apps a one time. Speed means nothing when the capabilities are so crippled. Thankful for having choices.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
That's my problem. I have a MacBook pro as my primary device. I prefer the Apple Watch to anything Samsung or Wear OS, and I now know that both OS' at this stage have their pros and cons. Anyone who says iOS sucks hasn't given it a chance with the full Ecosystem for a few weeks. It takes time to get used to it, but once it works, it has a lot of really nice, redeeming features. But I get very bored and I hate that all the damn app icons are too justified for a phone the size of the Max in this day and age.
True enough. But iPhones never really last with me as i get bored. Hahaha.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't think Android would die. At this point I've owned countless Android devices and several iOS devices. Yes apple products are fast, have a longer usable life then Android devices because of supported updates, yes switching devices is a little quicker due to iCloud doing a great job of backing up everything. But iOS freezes, stutters, and have update bugs etc.. just like Android sometimes. IMO apple hasn't had the title for best looking phone either, since the 4s.

So I don't think them allowing customization would kill Android. The 1 factor apple has going for it is it's just popular and ppl stick with what they know or what they see other ppl using. But many ppl love their Android devices, and Android has come a long way as an os and the main manufactures are doing great at offering more than apple ever would or could without charging an absurd price. iPhones never made it to be my main device, it's always been my 2nd or now my 3rd (behind my note and pixel). It's a good solid phone but IMO it hasn't been the best phone in at least 4 generations. I do however use my iPad over my Samsung tab.
Well. If Apple did that. Android would die... IPhones nowadays are already good enough. And they are hella fast.

Last edited:

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I still don't get how apple can make a device with a 6.5 inch screen, but not let you use two apps a one time. Speed means nothing when the capabilities are so crippled. Thankful for having choices.

This right here is my biggest gripe. I use two apps at the same time all the time, including Picture in Picture for YouTube, calendar and email side by side, and many more. I believe the iPhone can't do this because of RAM. You need RAM to do this properly. But that's just a guess. So many things I love about the iPhone - but I really don't get this one.

Blaalad12

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Its simple really.... Want a very good phone thats extremely expensive? Get an Iphone. Want an even better phone at a more affordable price? Grab yourself an android!

As for the screen, I would say that the screens on apple devices dont get enough credit! They look great especially since the iphone x line up! Are they better then the Note series though? Nope! Not from my experience but the difference in quality isnt big! Both screens are great

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
It can't be ram as the iPad pro 10.5 only has 4 gigs of RAM. I'm sure it's just choice at this point. Will probably be available on their next iteration.
This right here is my biggest gripe. I use two apps at the same time all the time, including Picture in Picture for YouTube, calendar and email side by side, and many more. I believe the iPhone can't do this because of RAM. You need RAM to do this properly. But that's just a guess. So many things I love about the iPhone - but I really don't get this one.

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
Samsung displays are the best in the industry and have been for a long time. Period.

LG displays are decent but suffer from a slight fuzziness at certain times.

That said, I’d rather take the LG or BOE FHD OLED display above Apple’s 828p LCD display.

Plus, that guy sounds like a total Apple sheep.

And seriously...I’ve used both an iPhone XS and Galaxy S8/9 and the app launch times etc are more or less the same. It’s all very well boasting about benchmark scores but real-world results in power and efficiency is what matters. If I judge processors that way the Kirin 980 is just as good as the A12/13 and SD 845/855.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm not a fan a the rear camera , I'll say that , and does look like previous years in the front , but still a beautiful device that will work very very well and good solid specs and operating system. I love dark mode on iOS 13 now .
Same here. I love my Note 10 Plus, but I can still appreciate what the iPhone and iOS bring to the table. Samsung and apple "flagships" have never been more comparable. If I had to only have one, I could get what I need and happy with either.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Same here. I love my Note 10 Plus, but I can still appreciate what the iPhone and iOS bring to the table. Samsung and apple "flagships" have never been more comparable. If I had to only have one, I could be get what I need and happy with either.
I agree with you ..

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
As long as I can Jailbreak the iPhone, I could use it. My last iPhone was the 3GS. If not for the Jailbreak and making it mine, I would not have lasted that long. I went to iPhone from Palm back then. Then the HTC Evo 4G was released and I've been on Android ever sense.

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
We should realize that regardless of anyone's opinion of apple products, the fast that they exist does push Google and the OEs to innovate. Which ultimately makes our phones better. I'm not partial to Apple's environment and software, but in the end, they do make solid phones. My gf prefers it and she had no idea how stuff works, but she knows how to use a lot of functionality on her iPhone. Her new Pro Max is supposed to be delivered today. I think I'll probably be competing for her attention this weekend.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
We should realize that regardless of anyone's opinion of apple products, the fast that they exist does push Google and the OEs to innovate. Which ultimately makes our phones better. I'm not partial to Apple's environment and software, but in the end, they do make solid phones. My gf prefers it and she had no idea how stuff works, but she knows how to use a lot of functionality on her iPhone. Her new Pro Max is supposed to be delivered today. I think I'll probably be competing for her attention this weekend.
Lol...