Heavy Usage and Burn-in

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
If you have the insurance. Burn-in is covered. No charge to change the digitizer from Asurion at Sprint.
I will put the screen in whatever I need to to be on. When and if burn in shows up they will repair.

My note 9 had it twice and it never was an issue to replace digitizer for free, both times.
Asurion was the only thing I appreciated that Sprint had to offer and thank the Lord I always had it and always will.
29.00 cracked screen repairs. You can't go wrong.
Not all insurance will replace the digitizer without a huge deductible.

Karritto

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
Yes if you have Asurion and you are with Sprint burn in is covered. No charge to fix.

I heard people say the screen is switched out, but wouldn't something else need to be replaces besides that? BTW I am much less worried. I am realizing burn-in is rarer than I thought, even on OLED screens.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I heard people say the screen is switched out, but wouldn't something else need to be replaces besides that? BTW I am much less worried. I am realizing burn-in is rarer than I thought, even on OLED screens.
Burn in should only impact the screen

isired

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
At just under a year old, I got some faint burn in on my Note 8 on the top notification bar and bottom nav bar - you could only see it in full screen mode with pure black screen.

Took it to the Samsung 837 store, they swapped the whole screen, battery, button, radio and wifi antennas and headphone jack. Done in under an hour, under warranty.

Just traded it in for the 10+, it looked brand new.
To be clear, if you're referring to my post above, they didnt have to replace the other parts - they said it's just something they do while they have it open. But I get the feeling that the Samsung 837 store is much more focused on customer service and brand goodwill than Asurion might be - my experience with Asurion in the past (somewhat extensive with 2 now teenage boys) is they usually send a refurb back.

But I think you're right not to worry too much about burn in. Mine was faint, and it was only the soft button graphics at screen bottom (which I leave up all of the time, if you have ot set to swipe up to appear you wouldn't have that issue) and a few icons up in the notification bar that are on more often than not (bottom of the battery icon, wifi, etc.). That could also be avoided or delayed by turning specific icons on and off and moving them around with the System UI Tuner.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke