NOTE 10 LED Notification

grinchmcg

Sep 21, 2019
Visit site
Hi. New Note 10 user. Great so far. One question.
From what I have seen on this forum and online,
there is no app or any setting to have some sort of LED notification
with the Always on Display turned OFF. Is that correct ??
All I would like is something that indicates I have a notification while the screen is off and it stays there until i look at it.

tatootie67

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
There's no led notification on our notes. We have edge lighting though. I do kinda miss the led but I've learned to accept it. Between using the AOD and edge lighting my needs are met. Also, there's the lift to wake feature, which will give you a peak at your notification without having to touch the screen.

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't believe there is a paid version of LED Me Know. The developer does accept donations, however. His app is the best substitute for the missing notification light IMO. The notifications are persistent and you can color code apps. You even get a charging animation. Highly recommended!

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't believe there is a paid version of LED Me Know. The developer does accept donations, however. His app is the best substitute for the missing notification light IMO. The notifications are persistent and you can color code apps. You even get a charging animation. Highly recommended!

The "paid" version is the 99 cent donation that pops up when you try to use certain patterns in the default notification, I believe.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
The edge lighting + part of Goodlock also provide a sliver of light around the front camera provided that you pick tge black hole Edge Lighting option

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190922-091423_Edge screen.jpg
    Screenshot_20190922-091423_Edge screen.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 32

grinchmcg

Sep 21, 2019
Visit site
The edge lighting + part of Goodlock also provide a sliver of light around the front camera provided that you pick tge black hole Edge Lighting option

The edge lighting plus is close, but only flashes once for a couple of seconds, then disappears.

The LED Me Know I couldn't get to work right. Just got a green ring around hole all the time. Nothing when screen is off.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
LED Me Know I couldn't get to work right. Just got a green ring around hole all the time. Nothing when screen is off.

LED Me Know works perfectly and is actually fairly easy to set up. And the developer responds very quickly to any issues.
Did you follow the very detailed instructions in the app to set it up properly?

grinchmcg

Sep 21, 2019
Visit site
LED Me Know works perfectly and is actually fairly easy to set up. And the developer responds very quickly to any issues.
Did you follow the very detailed instructions in the app to set it up properly?

Does LED me know notifications show when screen is off and stay on until looked at ?

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
There's no led notification on our notes. We have edge lighting though. I do kinda miss the led but I've learned to accept it. Between using the AOD and edge lighting my needs are met. Also, there's the lift to wake feature, which will give you a peak at your notification without having to touch the screen.

Have they made the Edge lighting into a persistent notification or is it still a blink and you missed it function?

xmsxphantasyx

Sep 26, 2019
Visit site
I use an app called aodNotify. This app works exactly how I wanted because I don't want the AOD to be on all the time just to see notifications. I have the option to set it to turn on AOD only when there's a notification and it lights up around the camera hole too (you can set how long you want the flash to last). The AOD will turn back off after you clear the notification. In the pro version, there's a night time option to turn it off between so and so time to avoid turning on the AOD when notifications come in during that time like overnight.

grinchmcg

Sep 21, 2019
Visit site
Sorry but no luck with LED me know. The developer is outstanding with tutorials and responding to questions.
But i want an LED notification to both show and stay on when the screen is off until i dismiss it and this just can't do it.
I know i'm not the only one who wishes they can do this and perhaps something will come out or updated to accomplish.
It's really my only con about this great phone as of now.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Sorry but no luck with LED me know. The developer is outstanding with tutorials and responding to questions.
But i want an LED notification to both show and stay on when the screen is off until i dismiss it and this just can't do it.
I know i'm not the only one who wishes they can do this and perhaps something will come out or updated to accomplish.
It's really my only con about this great phone as of now.
I am amazed by all these LED notification apps that only work when AOD is on. Well great. Why in the heck I want LED light if the whole dang screen is on with AOD. useless at that point. I want to use LED notification because I don't want AOD on.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I use an app called aodNotify. This app works exactly how I wanted because I don't want the AOD to be on all the time just to see notifications. I have the option to set it to turn on AOD only when there's a notification and it lights up around the camera hole too (you can set how long you want the flash to last). The AOD will turn back off after you clear the notification. In the pro version, there's a night time option to turn it off between so and so time to avoid turning on the AOD when notifications come in during that time like overnight.
Just started using aodNotify today. Perfect. Only turns AOD when there are notifications and turns it back off when they are read :).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz