Note10+ fingerprint sensor slow as hell!

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
That's it, guys. Just picked up my brand new Note 10+ yesterday, launch day here in Brazil, and I have to confess I'm a lot disappointed with its fingerprint sensor. It's slow. It's unreliable. It just doesn't work well. I'm typing right now in a OP 6T with "normal" fingerprint and it is years quicker than the Note 10+. Are anyone else having the same experience? Any tips to try to solve? Seriously, I'm considering repack and return right now...

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
There are threads on this.
Some people are re-registering the same finger or 2 fingers.
For me, simply pressing firmly and releasing quickly makes mine work very well.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, it sucks compared to "old" technology. My Note 9 FPS was world's better.
That's it, guys. Just picked up my brand new Note 10+ yesterday, launch day here in Brazil, and I have to confess I'm a lot disappointed with its fingerprint sensor. It's slow. It's unreliable. It just doesn't work well. I'm typing right now in a OP 6T with "normal" fingerprint and it is years quicker than the Note 10+. Are anyone else having the same experience? Any tips to try to solve? Seriously, I'm considering repack and return right now...

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I could find some about S10, but none about Note 10. If it exists, sorry.

I'll try to register same finger 2 times, then. Hope it works. Thanks for the tip.

103Softail

May 6, 2016
Visit site
I have my print registered 2x in Note 10+. My fps would work maybe 1 in 10 tries or not at all. Frustrating to say the least. I lick my fingerprint and bam......fps works everytime, I kid you not......guess my old dry skin is a problem for Sammy. Lick it just to moisten that's all - make sure beforehand that you know where it's been tho!!

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Just registered my finger 2x and, though it made it around 50% better, it remains much worse than my previous experiences with in-screen FPS. And, as I can register only 4 patterns, registering a finger 2x diminishes my actual fingers registrations to 3...

Seriously, why the heck did Samsung implement this new technology? I mean, it's supposed to be better than that I have in my almost year old device, isn't it?

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Definitely one of the downfalls with the Note. I am learning to live with it but apple face I'd is much better.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Definitely one of the downfalls with the Note. I am learning to live with it but apple face I'd is much better.
Agree. Actually right now I believe every other way of unlock a phone is better than this. Seriously, I really loved this phone but... This FPS is really annoying me.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I agree 1+6 t is faster , as I have the 1+7pro they both have optical fingerprint print compared to ultrasonic one in the Note 10+, I would erase all the fingerprint and try setting up new ones. One thing that bothers me now on Samsung devices is when you go to biometric you use to use your fingerprint or password, now it's only making you put the password to go into that settings.

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
Registered the same finger 4 times.
Works like a charm.
But I use face unlock and smart Lock.
That works great too.

There's nothing better than the fingerprint sensor in the right spot on the back though.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Yes, I'm kind of disappointed, really. Comparing to my 6T it seems like a big step back, really. I'll try the tip posted above, hope it works.
Can't compare to other models that either don't go through the screen or one plus that does but less secure. Note 10 and s10 take a little longer because different tech to be more secure. It's not really slow by any means

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I found that pressing firmly and releasing works great but so does pressing firmly and waiting for it unlock. I am using the Whitestone Dome protector and it opens every time when I use either method.

MCube74

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I had the Galaxy S10+ and recently changed to Note 10+.

The finger print sensor is better in the Note 10+.

I am getting less error. The speed is even faster.

Normally problems occur with glass screen protector. You have to use a good one.

If not screen protector and still have problems, then you should take it to the store to have it checked out.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I found that pressing firmly and releasing works great but so does pressing firmly and waiting for it unlock. I am using the Whitestone Dome protector and it opens every time when I use either method.

Yeah, I tried pressing and holding until it unlocks to make it fail, but it wouldn't.
I was trying to see if I could figure out why so many people are having issues.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Since it is working just fine for the vast majority of people I'll take a wild guess and say that you didn't set it up properly to begin with, delete your prints and try again, repeat until successful or simply RTFM :)

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
When I set up my fingerprint x2 as I naturally hold the phone I also made sure when setting them up I registered my fingerprints on the 4 corners of the scanner as well as in the middle.

This way if I do not hit the scanner square on i.e on one of its corners it still unlocks

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
When I set up my fingerprint x2 as I naturally hold the phone I also made sure when setting them up I registered my fingerprints on the 4 corners of the scanner as well as in the middle.

This way if I do not hit the scanner square on i.e on one of its corners it still unlocks

that's a good tip, I'll do that as well

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Nah, there are enough complaints about it. Biggest issue seems to be with those that tend to have dry hands. I'm tired of repeating registering my fingerprints. It is just a step down in reliability from previous finger print sensors.
Since it is working just fine for the vast majority of people I'll take a wild guess and say that you didn't set it up properly to begin with, delete your prints and try again, repeat until successful or simply RTFM :)

MCube74

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
All phones with finger print sensor under the screen are not as reliable as the older finger print sensors at the back of the phone. You have to make sure you either get a good screen protector or make sure it is installed firmly. Or just don’t use a screen protector at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463