I am looking at getting an unlocked Note 10+ from Best Buy, to use on Verizon US based. What are the pros and cons.
    Specifically looking to be able to have the calls and message continuity features. Since Verizon blocks it on their phones to use with the New Tab S6.
    09-22-2019 09:43 AM
    I am looking at getting an unlocked Note 10+ from Best Buy, to use on Verizon US based. What are the pros and cons.
    Specifically looking to be able to have the calls and message continuity features. Since Verizon blocks it on their phones to use with the New Tab S6.
    I have a N10+ Unlocked from Samsung and using it on the Verizon network

What features are you concerned about
    09-22-2019 10:08 AM
    only thing I've found so far is slow updates, if that bothers you. I prefer it. love not having the carrier bloat.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    09-22-2019 10:18 AM
    It still amazes me that Samsung doesn’t care about user experience and rather bend over back to the crappy US carriers to do stuff like this.

You will be fine with the unlocked model on Verizon. Wifi calling, volte all work fine. There is a misconception that unlocked model gets weaker signal than carrier versions but it’s more of just the signal indicator or bars always show more on carrier models.

And, the updates are slower on unlocked model and only receive after all carriers receive the updates. Yep that’s Samsung for you again
    09-22-2019 12:15 PM
    I have an unlocked note 10 plus running on verizon. I have had a few connection issues I dont think I had when I was on my s9plus carrier branded to Verizon. It may have gotten better, because it hasnt happen as much, but we shall see. I can agree, I use wifi calling and have volte enabled. I am not sure if it's used. The only thing I know I dont have is hd audio on calls. I could really care less.

A big win was losing visual voice mail and being able to add my google voice back.

Yes android updates are slower to get to the unlocked phones, but samsung one ui bridges the gaps. Meaning many of the features that a new android 10 may bring, we may already have in the note 10 already or samsung will push out before updating to android 10.
    scott15851 likes this.
    09-22-2019 11:26 PM
    It still amazes me that Samsung doesn’t care about user experience and rather bend over back to the crappy US carriers to do stuff like this.

You will be fine with the unlocked model on Verizon. Wifi calling, volte all work fine. There is a misconception that unlocked model gets weaker signal than carrier versions but it’s more of just the signal indicator or bars always show more on carrier models.

And, the updates are slower on unlocked model and only receive after all carriers receive the updates. Yep that’s Samsung for you again
    I have read that WiFi calling does not work. I live in the country with weak signal and depend on it.
    09-23-2019 12:09 PM
    I have read that WiFi calling does not work. I live in the country with weak signal and depend on it.
    Again false information. WiFi calling works fine on US unlocked model with Verizon and T-Mobile. Both carriers which i have used. So it depends on which carrier you are on. Crappy AT&T i believe is not fully compatible as usual.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    09-23-2019 01:54 PM
    Again false information. WiFi calling works fine on US unlocked model with Verizon and T-Mobile. Both carriers which i have used. So it depends on which carrier you are on. Crappy AT&T i believe is not fully compatible as usual.
    Yup , no wifi on Att
    bhatech likes this.
    09-23-2019 01:56 PM
    What are the calls and message continuity features?

I bought an unlocked Note 10 from the Microsoft Store because of better trade-in of my Pixel 2, compared to Samsung ($450).
    09-23-2019 09:46 PM
    What are the calls and message continuity features?

I bought an unlocked Note 10 from the Microsoft Store because of better trade-in of my Pixel 2, compared to Samsung ($450).
    Its so you can continue it on another device or computer
    Apple2Droid likes this.
    09-23-2019 09:52 PM
    Ah, ok. I thought maybe it was a cellular to WiFi handoff thing when you're on a call. Thanks!
    Its so you can continue it on another device or computer
    mustang7757 likes this.
    09-23-2019 10:28 PM
    How sad that ATT does this. Sad, but not surprising.
    Yup , no wifi on Att
    mustang7757 likes this.
    09-23-2019 10:29 PM
    How sad that ATT does this. Sad, but not surprising.
    I don't know why , but seems like they getting worse over the years.
    Apple2Droid likes this.
    09-23-2019 11:28 PM