Putting launcher to sleep?

iFortWorth

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Howdy,

Is there any disadvantage or problem putting one's launcher to sleep when not in use? As you can see it seems to be using a lot of background resources.

Thanks
edaaeb74e8a29e53fa475146648e7ac2.jpg

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I think if you out it to sleep might not get notifications or weird behavior from the launcher , it's automatically set to battery optimized. You experiencing any battery drain?

iFortWorth

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I think if you out it to sleep might not get notifications or weird behavior from the launcher , it's automatically set to battery optimized. You experiencing any battery drain?
Somewhat since att pushed out the security update yesterday. But I want to do further evaluation to see if that's completely true before I rush to judgement. But yesterday was by far the worst day of battery time with somewhat low SOT. Today too though it's seeming to be draining faster than it was last week.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Somewhat since att pushed out the security update yesterday. But I want to do further evaluation to see if that's completely true before I rush to judgement. But yesterday was by far the worst day of battery time with somewhat low SOT. Today too though it's seeming to be draining faster than it was last week.
If your on Att I think might be a bug in last update as Android was eating up the battery stats. What until the September update rolls out

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it'd make sense to put a launcher to sleep. That would probably lead to sluggishness as you navigate around your phone -- any time you return to your homescreen, it might pause a bit before the homescreen came up, because Nova had to reload into RAM.