Giving up on Whitestone Dome at Least for Now

jadenerd

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a pretty high frustration tolerance but after several days of non responsiveness to touch, I pulled the glass off this morning. The issue has become progressively worse over the past week to the point where apps wouldn't open and there was no response to FPS. I couldn't even enter new fingerprints - it wasn't possible to press "harder". Without the glass, the phone is as snappy and responsive as when I first go it. Going to put a flip case on for now until I feel like trying again. Very disappointed as the glass worked great on my Note 8.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I have a pretty high frustration tolerance but after several days of non responsiveness to touch, I pulled the glass off this morning. The issue has become progressively worse over the past week to the point where apps wouldn't open and there was no response to FPS. I couldn't even enter new fingerprints - it wasn't possible to press "harder". Without the glass, the phone is as snappy and responsive as when I first go it. Going to put a flip case on for now until I feel like trying again. Very disappointed as the glass worked great on my Note 8.
I have it on my Note 10+ and it's working fine.
I'm not sure why its hit or miss but they do work for some.

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
I have had the Dome on Note 10+ and S10+...so far no issues. I had to turn off the touch sensitivity because was causing butt dials in my pocket with turned on. :)

jadenerd

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I've never not used a screen protector so naturally have some anxiety about this. I'll likely try it again but need some time without the frustration of pressing icons and not having apps open.

LuckiestLiz

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site

Out of curiosity, did you lightly press down during on the fps between curing? Saw it mentioned on a couple install videos.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Out of curiosity, did you lightly press down during on the fps between curing? Saw it mentioned on a couple install videos.
I don't know if the OP did but I didn't. I had done that with the S10+ but I didn't because Whitestone didn't put that in the Note 10 video. I find no difference in performance between my S10+ and Note 10+

jadenerd

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

No, I didn't. The thing is that it isn't just fps that wasn't working but all app icons. I could swipe to a different page but not open any icons.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
No, I didn't. The thing is that it isn't just fps that wasn't working but all app icons. I could swipe to a different page but not open any icons.
That's signals a seriously failed install for whatever reason. Even if you didn't change the touch sensitivity you should not have had those issues.

jadenerd

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
That's signals a seriously failed install for whatever reason. Even if you didn't change the touch sensitivity you should not have had those issues.

It looked fine and seemed to be fully adhered when I removed it but, no doubt, you're correct. I have another sitting here so likely will try again in a couple of days.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Stupid question: Did you remove the stock plastic protector that was pre-installed at the factory?

Just curious.

jadenerd

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Stupid question: Did you remove the stock plastic protector that was pre-installed at the factory?

Just curious.

Not a stupid question, but yes I did remove it. It worked great for the first week that it was in place and has gradually degraded since.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear this. I have put the Whitestone on my Note 8, and Note 9, and the extra step of the weight bar to press it down threw me off with the Note 10+, but viewing the video helped a lot to make sure I did it right. It's so important to have a level surface too. It does seem like different folks are having different experiences, and a week after I installed it, I thought my prints were not being recognized as well and degraded too. I did rescan my prints, and now it's really great with 2 fingers, and one other finger I think I should rescan again because sometimes I get errors with that finger. I hope the second time works out much better. Since you had it in your previous Note too, you know how great it is to be able to feel that glass while being protected.

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I initially had issues with the FPS after installing my Whitestone Dome but after a few days it improved a lot. I'm back to using the FPS now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21