09-26-2019 10:38 AM
33 12
tools
    I have a pretty high frustration tolerance but after several days of non responsiveness to touch, I pulled the glass off this morning. The issue has become progressively worse over the past week to the point where apps wouldn't open and there was no response to FPS. I couldn't even enter new fingerprints - it wasn't possible to press "harder". Without the glass, the phone is as snappy and responsive as when I first go it. Going to put a flip case on for now until I feel like trying again. Very disappointed as the glass worked great on my Note 8.
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    09-22-2019 02:29 PM
    I stop using expensive screen protectors and just purchased insurance problem solved.
    09-22-2019 02:32 PM
    I have a pretty high frustration tolerance but after several days of non responsiveness to touch, I pulled the glass off this morning. The issue has become progressively worse over the past week to the point where apps wouldn't open and there was no response to FPS. I couldn't even enter new fingerprints - it wasn't possible to press "harder". Without the glass, the phone is as snappy and responsive as when I first go it. Going to put a flip case on for now until I feel like trying again. Very disappointed as the glass worked great on my Note 8.
    I have it on my Note 10+ and it's working fine.
    I'm not sure why its hit or miss but they do work for some.
    jadenerd likes this.
    09-22-2019 02:34 PM
    I stop using expensive screen protectors and just purchased insurance problem solved.
    That doesnt cover scratches which is mostly what screen protectors help with.
    Vizi likes this.
    09-22-2019 02:35 PM
    I still use a screen protector just don't spend a lot of money on them.
    09-22-2019 02:37 PM
    This....Ensures I get $600 trade in on next Note...haha
    tekjunkie28 likes this.
    09-22-2019 02:38 PM
    I have had the Dome on Note 10+ and S10+...so far no issues. I had to turn off the touch sensitivity because was causing butt dials in my pocket with turned on.
    09-22-2019 02:40 PM
    I've never not used a screen protector so naturally have some anxiety about this. I'll likely try it again but need some time without the frustration of pressing icons and not having apps open.
    09-22-2019 02:41 PM
    Out of curiosity, did you lightly press down during on the fps between curing? Saw it mentioned on a couple install videos.
    jadenerd and MysticalDreams like this.
    09-22-2019 04:31 PM
    Out of curiosity, did you lightly press down during on the fps between curing? Saw it mentioned on a couple install videos.
    I don't know if the OP did but I didn't. I had done that with the S10+ but I didn't because Whitestone didn't put that in the Note 10 video. I find no difference in performance between my S10+ and Note 10+
    jadenerd likes this.
    09-22-2019 04:48 PM
    No, I didn't. The thing is that it isn't just fps that wasn't working but all app icons. I could swipe to a different page but not open any icons.
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    09-22-2019 05:51 PM
    No, I didn't. The thing is that it isn't just fps that wasn't working but all app icons. I could swipe to a different page but not open any icons.
    That's signals a seriously failed install for whatever reason. Even if you didn't change the touch sensitivity you should not have had those issues.
    jadenerd likes this.
    09-22-2019 06:03 PM
    Still rolling with the factory plastic for now.
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    09-22-2019 07:41 PM
    That's signals a seriously failed install for whatever reason. Even if you didn't change the touch sensitivity you should not have had those issues.
    It looked fine and seemed to be fully adhered when I removed it but, no doubt, you're correct. I have another sitting here so likely will try again in a couple of days.
    09-22-2019 07:59 PM
    Still rolling with the factory plastic for now.
    Same here. Although mine has a really small tear in it. I dropped it last weekend.
    09-22-2019 09:43 PM
    Stupid question: Did you remove the stock plastic protector that was pre-installed at the factory?

Just curious.
    09-22-2019 09:45 PM
    Stupid question: Did you remove the stock plastic protector that was pre-installed at the factory?

Just curious.
    Not a stupid question, but yes I did remove it. It worked great for the first week that it was in place and has gradually degraded since.
    09-22-2019 10:03 PM
    Sorry to hear this. I have put the Whitestone on my Note 8, and Note 9, and the extra step of the weight bar to press it down threw me off with the Note 10+, but viewing the video helped a lot to make sure I did it right. It's so important to have a level surface too. It does seem like different folks are having different experiences, and a week after I installed it, I thought my prints were not being recognized as well and degraded too. I did rescan my prints, and now it's really great with 2 fingers, and one other finger I think I should rescan again because sometimes I get errors with that finger. I hope the second time works out much better. Since you had it in your previous Note too, you know how great it is to be able to feel that glass while being protected.
    09-22-2019 11:08 PM
    I initially had issues with the FPS after installing my Whitestone Dome but after a few days it improved a lot. I'm back to using the FPS now.
    09-24-2019 11:22 AM
    Not a stupid question, but yes I did remove it. It worked great for the first week that it was in place and has gradually degraded since.
    Did you notify Whitestone? That's not supposed to happen.
    jadenerd likes this.
    09-24-2019 12:49 PM
    Did you notify Whitestone? That's not supposed to happen.
    No, I haven't but will when I get home tonight. Thanks for the reminder.
    09-24-2019 01:27 PM
    On screen fingerprint scanners suck, tried them all including on the Galaxy S10, Note 10+, Huawei P30. I would never use them with a screen protector as they're already so bad and are a hit or miss. This coming from a guy who has never used a phone without a screen protector but this fingerprint scanner sucks so much I have no choice.

I tried registering my fingerprints in every way possible. It's always a hit or miss and it's a miss when I need to unlock my phone urgently.
    09-24-2019 07:49 PM
    On screen fingerprint scanners suck, tried them all including on the Galaxy S10, Note 10+, Huawei P30. I would never use them with a screen protector as they're already so bad and are a hit or miss. This coming from a guy who has never used a phone without a screen protector but this fingerprint scanner sucks so much I have no choice.

I tried registering my fingerprints in every way possible. It's always a hit or miss and it's a miss when I need to unlock my phone urgently.
    Even Huawei? Dont they have optical fingerprint sensor and 3d face unlock?
    09-24-2019 08:17 PM
    Even Huawei? Dont they have optical fingerprint sensor and 3d face unlock?
    yes and both suck
    09-25-2019 05:20 AM
    I haven't installed mine yet. Waiting for the factory one to get worse before doing it. Seems a lot of people aren't liking this models whitestone this time.
    09-25-2019 07:25 AM
33 12