Unlocked note 10+ september update

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yep downloading now

I see update, I click it like a kid got candy. Never worry about update messing up my phone. Even if it bricks I could care less, give me that new update lol

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yep downloading now

I see update, I click it like a kid got candy. Never worry about update messing up my phone. Even if it bricks I could care less, give me that new update lol
I've never and I mean ever lol had a phone brick while OTA update just never

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Did all carriers already get the September update? I think I saw Verizon got the update. What about AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint?

Just trying to see if the pattern of unlocked getting after all carriers is still applicable.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Did all carriers already get the September update? I think I saw Verizon got the update. What about AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint?

Just trying to see if the pattern of unlocked getting after all carriers is still applicable.
I've seen all but not sure sprint

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site

I think so. Tmobile got Friday/Saturday. Looks like all have different version numbers.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site

T-Mobile did yes and and AT&T I believe too. Not sure about sprint.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
That's actually quick , usually a week or 2 unlocked get it after all 4 carrier version
I still don't understand why unlock is always last. It doesn't speak well to Samsung to be honest. The unlocked is free of carrier crap and running Samsung firmware. It should be the 1st to get a security patch or major OS as soon as Samsung finishes it's internal testing independently from what all the other carriers are doing.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I still don't understand why unlock is always last. It doesn't speak well to Samsung to be honest. The unlocked is free of carrier crap and running Samsung firmware. It should be the 1st to get a security patch or major OS as soon as Samsung finishes it's internal testing independently from what all the other carriers are doing.
Most other manufacturers unlocked. Version get it before carrier, but the carrier on Samsung got them on a leash.

Last edited:

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site

I assumed because they still have to make sure it works properly on all carrier networks and not just say T-mobile, etc.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I assumed because they still have to make sure it works properly on all carrier networks and not just say T-mobile, etc.
That is a lam excuse. It is UNLOCKED. Should be carrier independent. Samsung is treating their unlocked the exact opposite of what it should be. It's actually making it dependent on all US carriers (from patching and OS update wise). Not so "unlocked" if you ask me lol.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
That is a lam excuse. It is UNLOCKED. Should be carrier independent. Samsung is treating their unlocked the exact opposite of what it should be. It's actually making it dependent on all US carriers (from patching and OS update wise). Not so "unlocked" if you ask me lol.
The carriers have to modify theirs slightly and theirs still comes out faster. Should be the opposite. It's only a couple of weeks. Still better than some other brands.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Lol exactly that's the lamest bull**** excuse I have ever seen. Why the heck it has to be certified every update. They aren't messing with the radios every update and they should have in house testing even if they do that. And if some one buying unlocked version is really concerned then just get the carrier model where the carriers "TEST" everything so that it's always "PERFECT". Just in US they do this bull**** and people like oh they have to certify it works with all the carriers and it must be true

Anyway Samsung bends over back to carriers and nothing will change. It's what is and I have just come to accept that I'll enjoy the phone and updates will come eventually.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The carriers have to modify theirs slightly and theirs still comes out faster. Should be the opposite. It's only a couple of weeks. Still better than some other brands.

If only the other brand is LG

No sane company does this. Apple, Google, OnePlus etc don’t bend over like this.

OnePlus is a great example and they don’t wait around crappy T-Mobile to approve the update for the unlocked model they sell officially direct from US OnePlus.com. It gets updates weeks before the T-Mobile version and oh it works perfectly fine without T-Mobile certifying the update for unlocked model.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
If only the other brand is LG

No sane company does this. Apple, Google, OnePlus etc don’t bend over like this.

OnePlus is a great example and they don’t wait around crappy T-Mobile to approve the update for the unlocked model they sell officially direct from US OnePlus.com. It gets updates weeks before the T-Mobile version and oh it works perfectly fine without T-Mobile certifying the update for unlocked model.
I'm on TMobile 1+7pro :(
My 1+6 is global though lol
TMobile 1+7pro works Pretty good though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12