I'm having trouble sending SMS. It keeps failing. I would have to keep restarting the phone before it gets sent out properly... this only happened when I switched over from note 4 to note 10 plus
    09-23-2019 12:32 PM
    I'm having trouble sending SMS. It keeps failing. I would have to keep restarting the phone before it gets sent out properly... this only happened when I switched over from note 4 to note 10 plus
    Sometimes its because of the codes. Like for instance Indonesia has +62 and i noticed my phone always show 62 without the +. Thus making it fail.
    09-23-2019 12:34 PM
    Have you asked your carrier about this? Is this only for simple text messages, or is it for MMS (picture texts and group texts)?
    09-23-2019 12:36 PM
    Try couple things .
    Reset network and settings..this is in phone settings under reset when type in the search bar there.
    09-23-2019 12:44 PM
    Sometimes its because of the codes.

Like for instance Indonesia has +62 and i noticed my phone always show 62 without the +. Thus making it fail.
    Everything is fine there
    09-23-2019 06:19 PM
    Have you asked your carrier about this? Is this only for simple text messages, or is it for MMS (picture texts and group texts)?
    It's just a basic text
    09-23-2019 06:20 PM
    Try couple things .
    Reset network and settings..this is in phone settings under reset when type in the search bar there.
    I did but still the same
    09-23-2019 06:20 PM
    I have been having the same problem....I have VZ. I just left the VZ store and they gave me a new sim card and reset my network so I will update if this helps.

I was having call issues and failures for all of my text messages.
    haganjeff likes this.
    09-23-2019 06:57 PM
    If you have any carrier-specific apps like My Verizon, see if the problem goes away if you uninstall it.
    09-23-2019 07:04 PM
    I did but still the same
    Did you get a New sim card ? Note 4 to Note10 are different
    09-23-2019 07:42 PM
    Note 4 to note 10 is a significant jump... Congratulations!

I'm on Verizon and every once in a while this will happen to me when I've got 10-15 conversations going at the same time. Some of them are MMS and they are usually the ones that get "slowed down." I've complained to Verizon numerous times and they tell me that basically I've got too many conversations going at the same time...

What carrier are you on and is it a SMS problem only?
    09-23-2019 08:10 PM
    Note 4 to note 10 is a significant jump... Congratulations!

I'm on Verizon and every once in a while this will happen to me when I've got 10-15 conversations going at the same time. Some of them are MMS and they are usually the ones that get "slowed down." I've complained to Verizon numerous times and they tell me that basically I've got too many conversations going at the same time...

What carrier are you on and is it a SMS problem only?
    I'm on fido in canada it's like only SMS rite now.... I talked to my provider and they even change my sim card. But it still iffy. They say it's my phone's problem not them. Like my phone is new I dont wanna go through all the trouble to factory reset the phone after I spend so much time transfwring and recreating the playlists on the music app since they dont transfer over...
    09-23-2019 08:19 PM
    I'm on fido in canada it's like only SMS rite now.... I talked to my provider and they even change my sim card. But it still iffy. They say it's my phone's problem not them. Like my phone is new I dont wanna go through all the trouble to factory reset the phone after I spend so much time transfwring and recreating the playlists on the music app since they dont transfer over...
    Try google messages if same issue
    09-23-2019 08:20 PM
    I have been having the same problem....I have VZ. I just left the VZ store and they gave me a new sim card and reset my network so I will update if this helps.

I was having call issues and failures for all of my text messages.
    I did but still the same
    09-23-2019 08:21 PM
    Can you give some details about your Note 10? Is it from Fido/Canada or another model?
    09-23-2019 08:35 PM
    Did you restore from a google or other backup? That's a big hardware jump, I wouldn't be surprised if something transferred that shouldn't have. I would back everything up with a 3rd party app with a more robust backup/restore (I used G Cloud backup back in the day, backed everything up and gave a very selective restore). Then factory reset and before you restore anything (turn off the google auto restore before you reset) check to see if text messaging works.

Also, my music and playlists were always on the SD card, so never had to worry about restoring those. Is that not an option anymore? I don't know, I don't use any music apps anymore, just streaming services.
    09-24-2019 09:48 AM
    Can you give some details about your Note 10? Is it from Fido/Canada or another model?
    I just bought the phone rite out front samsung store. It's the note plus 256gb aura glow in Canada
    09-24-2019 11:36 AM
    Did you restore from a google or other backup? That's a big hardware jump, I wouldn't be surprised if something transferred that shouldn't have. I would back everything up with a 3rd party app with a more robust backup/restore (I used G Cloud backup back in the day, backed everything up and gave a very selective restore). Then factory reset and before you restore anything (turn off the google auto restore before you reset) check to see if text messaging works.

Also, my music and playlists were always on the SD card, so never had to worry about restoring those. Is that not an option anymore? I don't know, I don't use any music apps anymore, just streaming services.
    I just used samsung smart switch. There was never an option to save playlist only save the actual song in folders on the sd card
    09-24-2019 11:37 AM
    I'm afraid the fastest way to pinpoint whether it's a hardware or software problem is to do a full reset and try to send an SMS with minimal set up. Backup to a computer first so you can retrieve your data faster after-the-fact.
    09-24-2019 03:39 PM
    I'm afraid the fastest way to pinpoint whether it's a hardware or software problem is to do a full reset and try to send an SMS with minimal set up. Backup to a computer first so you can retrieve your data faster after-the-fact.
    That's in my opinion too much trouble , when you can download another message app see if still happening or safe mode .
    09-24-2019 03:47 PM
    I just used samsung smart switch. There was never an option to save playlist only save the actual song in folders on the sd card
    Yeah I think you need one of the 3rd party backup apps to get playlists.

FWIW, I started using Next SMS a while ago (maybe 8 years ago? It started as Handcent SMS on my Galaxy S3) and I've stuck with it, good text app IMO with just a few bells and whistles, but enough for me.
    09-24-2019 06:52 PM