Can't Answer Incoming Phone Call

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I remember seeing this here once before and can't find the thread with the answer as to the resolution. my phone rings and I have the options to answer shown but pressing them does nothing. there is a fly up from the bottom but only to send message, etc. any ideas folks. I don't use the phone that much but need it when I need it, you know. thanks all.

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Mine did that one time. I hit the volume rocker up, I think, just one quick tap, and then was able to swipe the screen as normal. It was weird when it happened. After that one time, I was able to answer calls normally.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried in the dialer app settings can choose to answer calls with volume up and end calls with side keys?

can't figure out what's causing this so I set things to answer this way. I'm going to check galaxy store for any update that might help this and probably take the update that just came through today.

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I don't use swipe and there are buttons, both were lit/flashing but neither one responded to touch as in the past.

I'm not familiar with buttons - is that something you set up? Or is that determined by carrier? Or maybe even a different launcher? Genuinely want to know.

I get a green phone "button" and red phone "button" and I have to swipe one or the other to either answer a call or decline a call (or just turn the phone over to silence a call).

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
can't figure out what's causing this so I set things to answer this way. I'm going to check galaxy store for any update that might help this and probably take the update that just came through today.
When did this start happening?
Do u. Use Nova?

That's definitely alternative.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm not familiar with buttons - is that something you set up? Or is that determined by carrier? Or maybe even a different launcher? Genuinely want to know.

I get a green phone "button" and red phone "button" and I have to swipe one or the other to either answer a call or decline a call (or just turn the phone over to silence a call).
It's this. Can't swipe anything.
20190924_153301.jpeg

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I get a green phone "button" and red phone "botton" and I have to swipe one or the other to either answer a call or decline a call (or just turn the phone over to silence a call).
I finally got it to swipe, but I have to swipe hard and far.

anyway to turn this off so I can just press the buttons to answer? it wasn't setup like this at first.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power