If you're someone using either, or both. What are the differences and pros & cons of using them?
    09-26-2019 05:31 PM
    If you're someone using either, or both. What are the differences and pros & cons of using them?
    DeX is best for a more stationary setup whereas the Windows can be used on your laptop that you can take with you everywhere. With Windows you won’t need a separate monitor, keyboard, mouse, Etc. I use DeX primarily at home. I don’t have to turn in my computer or anything just pop my device in the DeX Dock and I’m good to go.
    Disk4mat and Serkle K like this.
    09-26-2019 05:39 PM
    It depends what you need. They are complementary to each other. Link to windows allows you to send texts and see notifications on your laptop/desktop using the Microsoft Your Phone app. I use it to send and respond to texts without having to pick up my phone.

DeX is if you want to use your phone like a laptop (Chromebook). You don't need a laptop/desktop to use DeX. You just need a device that triggers DeX on your phone and allows you to connect your phone to a monitor, keyboard, and mouse.
    Disk4mat and Serkle K like this.
    09-26-2019 05:39 PM
    I only use DeX b/c I use a MacBook Pro. With DeX open on my laptop though I can respond to texts just like if I were using Apple's built-in Messages app paired with an iOS device.
    Serkle K likes this.
    09-26-2019 10:29 PM
    I only use DeX b/c I use a MacBook Pro. With DeX open on my laptop though I can respond to texts just like if I were using Apple's built-in Messages app paired with an iOS device.
    I guess that is cheaper than dumping your MacBook and getting a REAL system like a Surface Laptop.

Mackenzie (Mac) Book says they are better. :P
    Serkle K likes this.
    09-26-2019 10:47 PM
    I guess that is cheaper than dumping your MacBook and getting a REAL system like a Surface Laptop.

Mackenzie (Mac) Book says they are better. :P
    I've been using Macs for over 20 years, and am perfectly happy with them.
    Serkle K likes this.
    09-26-2019 10:50 PM
    Just depends on needs. For me if I need a laptop I'll just grab a laptop.
    09-27-2019 01:44 AM
    I really like Dex USB C. I also like Link for Windows when I can see and respond to notifications on my computers. I have now deleted the clumsy Verizon Windows App.

I personally have never had any use for Dex HDMI. I never have a spare monitor on the road. The nature of my work requires me to carry a very powerful notebook with lots of memory. I would never bother carrying a bluetooth keyboard with me.

I am having a lot of fun with the new USB C Dex on the Note 10+. Really enjoy opening my phone inside of Windows. Great in my multi monitor setup at home and in the office. I don't have to pick up my phone while working.
    09-27-2019 03:15 AM
    I've used both and will always.
    Both has it's advantages.
    Serkle K likes this.
    09-27-2019 07:45 AM
    Our work laptops are fairly restricted and I prefer to keep them separate anyway. I have an aftermarket DEX Dock adapter and can use that if needed. Options are Good.

Cheers,
    BR
    09-27-2019 09:52 AM
    I've used both and will always.
    Both has it's advantages.
    I have both set up also to link to my Windows PC. I probably use Dex a bit more.

A benefit of Dex is that it has clipboard sharing with Windows PC. Also Dex has better file transfer

A benefit of Link to Windows is that all the apps works. Some apps, like 1Password, for example, don't work with Dex.
    Serkle K likes this.
    09-27-2019 10:13 AM
    I really like Dex USB C. I also like Link for Windows when I can see and respond to notifications on my computers. I have now deleted the clumsy Verizon Windows App.

I personally have never had any use for Dex HDMI. I never have a spare monitor on the road. The nature of my work requires me to carry a very powerful notebook with lots of memory. I would never bother carrying a bluetooth keyboard with me.

I am having a lot of fun with the new USB C Dex on the Note 10+. Really enjoy opening my phone inside of Windows. Great in my multi monitor setup at home and in the office. I don't have to pick up my phone while working.
    Yes, I installed both yesterday on my work desktop, and I can see how using both would be very useful and convenient, especially when I have to upload pictures from client sites.
    09-27-2019 11:22 AM