Note 10 signal strength.

tekjunkie28

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a iPhone pro Max now and it works fine mostly. It actually has a little stronger signal that my note 8 at my moms out in the country. I would like to know if the Galaxy note 10+ is any better then the note 8. I never had any issues with the note 8 but with the iPhone now working, Albeit with near useless LTE at my moms, I am thinking the note 8 wasn’t the absolute best? What’s your experiences?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Note 10 has more improved modem being a newer device and should have better performance. Personally I don't have any issues with signal. If you have an unlocked model it may display lesser bars than the carrier model but that's because the carrier firmware display bars differently and the overall signal strength is still same.

Overall you should see same or in most instances improved radio performance on the Note 10 compared to Note 8.

tekjunkie28

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I never look at just bars, they mean nothing to me. I use signal check pro and cellmapper. I’m still debating on the note 10+ so we’ll see.

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
I have a iPhone pro Max now and it works fine mostly. It actually has a little stronger signal that my note 8 at my moms out in the country. I would like to know if the Galaxy note 10+ is any better then the note 8. I never had any issues with the note 8 but with the iPhone now working, Albeit with near useless LTE at my moms, I am thinking the note 8 wasn’t the absolute best? What’s your experiences?

Unless you have Sprint you should be good with a Galaxy J7 or a ZTE Blade.
My home service is horrible. And that's with the note 10 plus.

tekjunkie28

May 23, 2011
Visit site
What are y’all comparing to? I never thought my note 8 had bad signal but I really didn’t have much to compare it to. I switched from Verizon to ATT and now I’m back on Verizon.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The signal bars are there for a very loose indication on what's happening.
Not just loose - the carrier can specify that X signal strength shows Y number of bars, so the same model phone for different carriers will show a different number of bars for the same strength. The number of bars is only useful to compare signal strength at different locations using the same phone. (I've had phones that work perfectly with 1 bar, and I've had phones that are pretty bad with 4 out of 5 bars. -100dbm or better is good, regardless of the number of bars showing. -115dbm is just about "no signal", again regardless of the number of bars.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis