Note 10+ camera

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi, how can I improve my note10+ photo and video quality through the native app?

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
#1 is one that is commonly missed by many

That is because most phone (and point and shoot) camera users are not trained in basic photography techniques. Nor do they take the time to research techniques. This also applies for people with DSLRs. I hear it a lot. I have this expensive camera, but I can't get good pictures. My response is always, the quality of the equipment does not make up for the lack of experience and technique of the user.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
My response is always, the quality of the equipment does not make up for the lack of experience and technique of the user.
Absolutely! I was taking great photos with a 3.3 megapixel camera that made many people think that I had something more high-end.

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
That is because most phone (and point and shoot) camera users are not trained in basic photography techniques. Nor do they take the time to research techniques. This also applies for people with DSLRs. I hear it a lot. I have this expensive camera, but I can't get good pictures. My response is always, the quality of the equipment does not make up for the lack of experience and technique of the user.

Have had a couple friends purchase DSLRs, learn nothing about how to use them, complain about the photos, and go back to using their smartphones for everything.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
If you really want to experiment with the photography you should play with a camera simulator like this one https://camerasim.com/camerasim-free-web-app/ . Select Manual mode in the center coloumn, this way you can see how ISO, Shutter and Aperture affect one another. Also, if you know the type of shot you want to get, say freezing something in time like the spinning fan in the girls hand then you know that you will want a really fast shutter speed and you will have to adjust ISO and Aperture to get proper exposure. You will know you have gotten the right combination when the green needle is lined up at zero, see the image below, the needle I'm referring too has a red box around it. 1.jpg

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
It is professional right? JK:) Manual is the way to go.

Depends. When shooting my at my daughter's gymnastics meets, I'm in Tv (Canon) setting, with my shutter set to 1/400; ISO and aperture are set to auto. You're not allowed to use a flash when shooting ballet and gymnastics.

Actually, when I shot this year's Special Olympics in Honolulu, I set to Tv with shutter set to 1/400.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Have had a couple friends purchase DSLRs, learn nothing about how to use them, complain about the photos, and go back to using their smartphones for everything.
That's all because they never learned in a full manual device. When SLRs started going with auto programs people got lazy. Anyone starting out today is at a disadvantage unless the took photography classes or make it their hobby and do what it takes to understand photography.

"It's all about the lighting"

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
What do you mean by, "improve"? What kind of results are you getting?

Here are some tips to getting good shots. They work with pretty much ANY camera, not just phone cameras.

https://digitalbrandinginstitute.com/take-awesome-pictures-phone/
#'s 3 and 7. Yes, yes, a thousand times yes! Lol

Also, like others said, learn manual mode. Even if you don't like shooting with it, understanding it will help you understand what's going on with auto modes. Also remember that auto mode doesn't give you the shot you want. It gives you the shot some random programmer thinks should be ideal. It misses the mark a lot of times.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Depends. When shooting my at my daughter's gymnastics meets, I'm in Tv (Canon) setting, with my shutter set to 1/400; ISO and aperture are set to auto. You're not allowed to use a flash when shooting ballet and gymnastics.

Actually, when I shot this year's Special Olympics in Honolulu, I set to Tv with shutter set to 1/400.

Yeah situation will dictate. Sometimes I use Tv, sometimes Av. I even shoot with A+ but most of the time I use manual.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams