Any way to stop the launcher from adding a new blank page for downloaded apps? I've got plenty of space on existing pages so why is it adding a blank page. I end up moving the icon and then deleting the blank page.
    09-30-2019 11:32 PM
    Any way to stop the launcher from adding a new blank page for downloaded apps? I've got plenty of space on existing pages so why is it adding a blank page. I end up moving the icon and then deleting the blank page.
    Long press a empty page on your home screen, tap home screen settings, then toggle off add apps to home screen.
    09-30-2019 11:36 PM
    I guess I didn't explain that well. I do want it added to a page I just don't want a separate blank page created to do that. Nova will add the icon where there is space, not create a new blank page and place it there. With One UI I end up having one new page with one icon.
    09-30-2019 11:41 PM
    I guess I didn't explain that well. I do want it added to a page I just don't want a separate blank page created to do that. Nova will add the icon where there is space, not create a new blank page and place it there. With One UI I end up having one new page with one icon.
    No I dont believe you can without a launcher
    09-30-2019 11:42 PM
    Kinda surprised Good Lock works with Nova. I've become fond of that app.
    10-01-2019 12:15 AM
    Oh yeah , that App is awesome
    10-01-2019 12:29 AM
    I believe the launcher looks for an available space at the lower right of your screen. If you have an icon there already, it defaults to adding the icon to the next homescreen. This happens even if there are available spots higher up on the screen -- don't ask me why it works this way, but I'm guessing it was just poor coding.
    burwil and toenail_flicker like this.
    10-01-2019 12:43 AM
    I believe the launcher looks for an available space at the lower right of your screen. If you have an icon there already, it defaults to adding the icon to the next homescreen. This happens even if there are available spots higher up on the screen -- don't ask me why it works this way, but I'm guessing it was just poor coding.
    Samsung launcher, when a app add wi also add a page , it's stupid way of doing it instead of adding a app to page that's not full .
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    10-01-2019 12:46 AM
    Interesting....that was bugging me so much I switched to Nova. If I go back to One UI I'll make sure I leave a couple of open slots on the bottom right. I'm pretty sure I had none open as I tend to fill those up first.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-01-2019 07:56 AM
    I think it's not just One UI -- I've seen this behavior on other phones as well.
    10-01-2019 01:27 PM
    One tidbit that might be of interest. I've been monitoring battery usage through Accubattery keeping an eye particularly at screen off battery usage. 1.6% per hour for Nova which is at least as good as One UI. I don't use AOD.
    10-01-2019 01:33 PM
    Yeah, I've never seen any kind of battery issue with Nova. Not sure if any 3rd party launchers are known for battery drain, actually.
    10-01-2019 02:03 PM
    This happens even if there are available spots higher up on the screen -- don't ask me why it works this way, but I'm guessing it was just poor coding.
    Not poor - lazy. It takes work to search the screen for empty slots - it's easier to just look at one slot (since the adding is left to right, top to bottom - if you let the launcher add all the icons, the lower right slot will be the last one filled). Poor thinking, maybe.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-02-2019 03:28 PM