10-10-2019 02:50 PM
32 12
tools
    Holy moley!.dual.screens with stylus support and inking in apps. I may be switching from my Note10+ come next Holiday season to the Microsoft Surface Duo.

What do you think? I see my workflow moving to the duo, do you?

Psst mods, you need to make a.ms surface Duo forum area...

The Surface Duo is a new smartphone from Microsoft that was announced on October 2nd and will be available in the 2020 holiday season. The Microsoft Surface Duo will feature two 5.6-inch screens that unfold to 8.3 inches. Learn more atMicrosoft
    Release Date: Holiday 2020
    Price: Coming soon
    Operating System: android
    Features: Two 5.6‑inch screens that unfold to 8.3 inches
    10-02-2019 10:26 PM
    let's see by next year what it can do .
    rsmin and MysticalDreams like this.
    10-02-2019 11:32 PM
    Holy moley!.dual.screens with stylus support and inking in apps. I may be switching from my Note10+ come next Holiday season to the Microsoft Surface Duo.

The Surface Duo is a new smartphone from Microsoft that was announced on October 2nd and will be available in the 2020 holiday season. The Microsoft Surface Duo will feature two 5.6-inch screens that unfold to 8.3 inches. Learn more atMicrosoft
    Operating System: Windows 10X
    The only reason i wont get it is the Windows 10X operating system.
    10-02-2019 11:43 PM

The OS for the Duo is ANDROID!!

The Full Neo is WindowsX. The Duo runs Android, since the device is still 13+ months away my guess is Android 11.

And the comparison will be against the Note 11. The Note 10+ will be 15-16 months old by the time the Duo ships.
    mojook likes this.
    10-03-2019 12:26 AM
    I am sure Samsung will up it's game for the next Galaxy Note.
    10-03-2019 12:37 AM
    Looks like you don't have a reason anymore. The Duo runs Android.
    10-03-2019 12:53 AM
    Looks like you don't have a reason anymore. The Duo runs Android.
    then OP mustve been wrong.so i will be getting it then hahaha...but i doubt it will be here in Indonesia.
    10-03-2019 01:24 AM
    It's actually Android.
    10-03-2019 01:43 AM
    It's actually Android.
    OP stated wrong. My bad.
    10-03-2019 02:18 AM

Nothing presently exists that would pull me away from Galaxy Note phones. I buy one a year and it's always the Galaxy Note
    1raygin and j_hansen like this.
    10-03-2019 04:10 AM
    The OS for the Duo is ANDROID!!

The Full Neo is WindowsX. The Duo runs Android, since the device is still 13+ months away my guess is Android 11.

And the comparison will be against the Note 11. The Note 10+ will be 15-16 months old by the time the Duo ships.
    Your right! I changed that. Darn google info search.

Now that we have confirmed it is running android, will you want to use it?
    10-03-2019 08:53 AM
    Microsoft is working with Samsung to make Android and Windows 10 closer than ever (hey, DEX!) And, Jesus, this Surface Duos is freaking awesome!

So, Microsoft, just shut up and take my money. Now!
    rsmin likes this.
    10-03-2019 10:17 AM

still no. they lost the trust factor with me.
    10-03-2019 10:18 AM
    Give me a Galaxy Note Fold and a Galaxy Book S with S-Pen, my guess is that both will be available by early 2021 (are you listening Samsung)
    10-03-2019 10:38 AM
    Nice! But, let's kick it up a notch and put a screen on the outside cover like the Galaxy Fold, but use the whole outer surface.
    eshropshire likes this.
    10-03-2019 10:54 AM
    I was reading up on it earlier and it looks interesting. I thought about getting it as a gift but not for me though.
    10-03-2019 12:15 PM
    It's going to come down to pricing for me. Also, I like Samsung Pay. I'm not sure if I want to give that up.
    10-03-2019 02:16 PM

I have plenty of time to decide the duo does not ship for at least 13+ months. I find the concept interesting. My concern is the size of the device. I assume what was shown yesterday is an early prototype. I hope the final design is much thinner and will lose the big bezels. I would also want a way to answer the phone without having to open the device.

I have been using Note phones and tablets for years. Not sure the Duo will be what I want. What I like about the Duo is Microsoft's decision to go all in with Android as their mobile OS. I use a lot of MS Apps on my Note 10+, O365, OneNote, Teams, OneDrive, Outlook etc.. I also like the integration work between Samsung and MS on Your Phone and the new Dex. I never could figure out any use for HDMI Dex to a monitor, but I am really enjoying USB C Dex with the Windows 10 app. If MS is going all in with Android, I can see better MS Android apps.
    gyounk likes this.
    10-03-2019 06:27 PM
    I am skipping the Note 10 and waiting for the 11, or at least that was the plan until I saw the Duo yesterday. Now I'll be waiting to see the Duo in person before making a decision on my next device.
    10-03-2019 06:56 PM
    By the time that Duo launches it will be 1 big foldable screen instead of two separate ones
    10-04-2019 04:51 AM
    By next year things will change allot in the mobile space.... we might just get folding Note 11 with s pen.....but the surface duo looks very interesting...I love the Microsoft surface series..I still own surface pro 4...
    gyounk likes this.
    10-04-2019 06:00 AM
    It's not for me. I don't want any phone that requires it to be opened to be used. Tablet, yes. But not phone.
    10-04-2019 10:22 AM
    By the time that Duo launches it will be 1 big foldable screen instead of two separate ones
    Doubtful.
    10-04-2019 01:48 PM
    Microsoft has come a long way since the launch of Windows phones. I think the new guy, Satya , has a big play in that. He appears to have focused them on being more customer centric, and not Do as I say. The big concession here is...the play store. They partnered with google to get the apps. Its still a surface. It still does the things a surface or windows phone did....using the play store. Panay said that in the event. Its about the apps. A long time ago we realized phones are no longer used primarily as ..well, phones. Its other things. I think with the access to apps, and surface experience, the DUO will be a viable competitor. Will it compete with the NOTE? I think Samsung will leverage its Microsoft connection to insure it is competitive. But I also think ..just as we look at FOLD as different from the NOTE so will the NEO/DUO devices be considered also. The device won't be cheap, and as such will probably not impact NOTE very much. If I had to make a rash guess...I'd say at leaast 2K..if not more. Virtually no one on this forum, save a few of us, will spend that much.

Plus there is work to be done....so far...NO visible camera. Though they demo'd inking ability, they showed NO stylus. Though I could live with no stylus, no camera makes this a no go for me. So, we're several months away. Lets see what 'leaks'
    gyounk likes this.
    10-04-2019 01:56 PM
    Of course I'm interested. Mobile tech is always struggling with the dichotomy between input space and carry-ability. Some sort of folding/multiple screening is the latest way to deal with the conflicting needs. I'm interested to see how they all do it.
    Does that mean I'll buy one? Not necessarily, but I'll be very interested in seeing how each manufacturer works it out.
    10-04-2019 04:42 PM
32 12