Loving my Note 10+ after trading in iPhone X... but am having absolutely frustrating / annoying problem that I haven't seen here yet (?). Anytime I let my Note 10+ down (goes to AOD), when it unlocks, Media volume and some specific Apps volume (e.g., YouTube, Instagram stories) is completely max'd out at 100% versus keeping at last much lower volume setting. Thus completely startling me... or making it embarrassing. Has anyone come across this... and have a quick solution or cause?

Thanks!
    10-03-2019 11:39 AM
    Loving my Note 10+ after trading in iPhone X... but am having absolutely frustrating / annoying problem that I haven't seen here yet (?). Anytime I let my Note 10+ down (goes to AOD), when it unlocks, Media volume and some specific Apps volume (e.g., YouTube, Instagram stories) is completely max'd out at 100% versus keeping at last much lower volume setting. Thus completely startling me... or making it embarrassing. Has anyone come across this... and have a quick solution or cause?

Thanks!
    Hi, so when you set either to say medium volume next time they will be full volume?
    10-03-2019 11:50 AM
    Are you having any problems with the physical Volume buttons? Perhaps the Vol Up button is persistently being pressed. This can happen due to some hardware issue, or perhaps a poorly fitting case. Or, if you often put it in a car mount, the mount's brackets could also be pressing on the Vol Up button.
    10-03-2019 12:39 PM
    Yes... I'm saying that if it's set to Medium volume, next time I unlock the phone, get into YouTube or Instagram, the Media volume level is now set to high. I checked if case was potential problem. It's not... and when you press the volume up there, it adjusts only the ringer volume anyway (which does keep the same volume level through lock / unlocks... unlike the general Media volume which goes to max volume level 100% of the time).
    10-03-2019 01:46 PM
    Does this happen in Safe Mode as well? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-40622
    10-03-2019 05:45 PM
    I took your suggestion... and put it in Safe Mode. I could only check YouTube and Netflix for a time. No issues. Went back to normal operation mode (full apps) and did not see the issue through overnight and the morning. It seemed to "reset". Used Android Auto on the way into work. Then checked Instagram... volume went to max'd out again. I need to do some more investigating. Some (rogue) app or process is seeming to trigger this. I'm actually wondering if it's following a Bluetooth connection.

Thanks for all your suggestions and the help!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-04-2019 07:32 AM
    Maybe focus on Android Auto, since that'd be more likely to fiddle with volume settings? If you have the Android Auto app installed on the phone, make sure it's up to date. Consider clearing the app's cache and data in the Settings>Apps​ menu.
    10-04-2019 09:53 AM
    Found the culprit. Did a few days of testing to be sure. It was the Cisco WebEx Meetings app. It just needs to be installed from Play Store to wreck havoc with my volume settings. Needless to say, now deleted off of my Note 10+. I will leave joining WebEx meetings to my work iPhone...
    10-08-2019 06:50 PM
    glad you figured it out. that would have made me nuts
    10-08-2019 06:55 PM