11-14-2019 08:51 AM
108 1234 ...
tools
    The great thing about Samsung Pay is it can use NFC or MST to transmit the information, so it pretty much works with almost every card reader out there except devices where you have to insert the card like a gas station. I have used mine at Walmart several times although it was at self checkout, it may also vary from locations. Been using samsung Pay since it became available and I've only had it fail at a Subway restaraunt and that's it.
    Serkle K likes this.
    10-04-2019 07:07 PM
    Yes!! This is exactly what happened to me today (and almost every other time I use it)!

I went to pay, and the girl was like, "Oh do we take Apple Pay?" I said, "It's Samsung Pay."
    Her manager walks by and she says to her manager, "Do we take Samsung Pay?" to which her manager replied, "No, we're not setup for that either." And I hold my phone up to the CC machine, and it beeps. And the Cashier says, "Oh, I guess we do take it?"

Smh. It's not like this is brand new. This has been around for years now. Not just Samsung Pay, but mobile payments all together. It's not new, just let us pay and move on with our day already! lol
    Yeah it has been a few years now. IDK. I guess it just hasn't caught on as much as we thought.
    10-04-2019 08:23 PM
    I read a thread on Samsung Pay on youtube and I signed up for it. Used it for the first time this week at Staples. I was buying a printer and I told the cashier I was a first timer. Worked right off the bat, lol, I use it with paypal.
    strikeIII and EMGSM like this.
    10-04-2019 11:07 PM
    The point system is a joke now compared to its early days but I still use it everywhere. Super convenient, I don't even remember the last time it didn't work for me.
    Serkle K likes this.
    10-04-2019 11:16 PM
    I love it. Use it everywhere I go. The reactions are priceless!
    waqqas31 likes this.
    10-04-2019 11:55 PM
    The point system is a joke now compared to its early days but I still use it everywhere. Super convenient, I don't even remember the last time it didn't work for me.
    I'm a relatively new user. What used to be better about the points system?
    10-05-2019 03:24 AM
    I'm a relatively new user. What used to be better about the points system?
    You were able to redeem your points for money. They also had cool little incentive games that would pop up every month. It was a lot more "fun" to use in its early days but of course that's how they drove people to use it and spread the word.
    Sophos and Serkle K like this.
    10-05-2019 03:31 AM
    I've been trying to use samsung pay at so many locations and it always declines. Just tried yesterday at Walmart and got declined. Pulled out the physical card that I linked and it's processed so idk what I'm doing wrong. any else having issues?
    Walmart has been hit or miss for me. And with some machines, you would need to "swipe" at the main base of the terminal and not the corded keypad.
    10-05-2019 07:23 AM
    In my country India Samsung pay is rear but I live in Bombay aka mumbai...fun is seeing people's faces when I use samsung pay at pharmacy to petrol pumps...its hilarious...and people with iphone keeps asking me...how I do it..is it a app...I say samsung pay....recently I got Galaxy watch and paid thru the watch...oh people's faces seeing me pay via a watch...hahahah...love samsung pay
    many places say it will not work...I just go and tap and it works ...guys are in shock
    10-05-2019 08:27 AM
    I use SP as much as possible, had to stop when my Note 8 lost the ability to wirelessly charge it also stopped SP from working, but now with my 10+ I'm using it everywhere. Even the bank manager agrees with me that it's best to use it and buffer your actual number after my card was compromised and I had to file a bunch of disputes
    Serkle K likes this.
    10-05-2019 10:56 AM
    Uses Samsung pay for first time yesterday
    10-05-2019 11:44 AM
    if I was able to shop more I would probably try it again. since I do most shopping via internet, I just have no use for it.
    10-05-2019 11:57 AM
    In my country India Samsung pay is rear but I live in Bombay aka mumbai...fun is seeing people's faces when I use samsung pay at pharmacy to petrol pumps...its hilarious...and people with iphone keeps asking me...how I do it..is it a app...I say samsung pay....recently I got Galaxy watch and paid thru the watch...oh people's faces seeing me pay via a watch...hahahah...love samsung pay
    many places say it will not work...I just go and tap and it works ...guys are in shock
    I'm a little annoyed they took MST off of the Galaxy Watch, and it only uses NFC for SP. I dont use SP on my watch because of that, and I dont like that I cant change the option to activate SP on the watch.
    10-05-2019 12:42 PM
    I'm a little annoyed they took MST off of the Galaxy Watch, and it only uses NFC for SP. I dont use SP on my watch because of that, and I dont like that I cant change the option to activate SP on the watch.
    Exactly why I'm holding on to my Gear S3. It works better than the phone at places where terminals only takes MST. I even use my watch at the gas pumps for points using the card trick lol
    10-05-2019 01:08 PM
    I love Samsung pay... It's probably the most versatile payment option. I don't know how many times someone has said to me, "oh that won't work, we don't take Apple pay". Then they hear the beep and I say, "but it takes Samsung pay =)". That's usually followed by shock from the cashier because they're so used to denying iPhone users all day long.

Plus I get to earn all those useless Samsung points at 30 points per transaction.

Seriously though, when I need to go light, I just bring my N9 and tuck my driver's license under my phone case and I'm covered everywhere.
    strikeIII and Nostromo79 like this.
    10-05-2019 01:21 PM
    There are VERY few places I can't get Samsung Pay to work one are the gas pumps here; they all have the internal card readers and don't have NFC/Chip readers (unless I pay inside). The only other places I couldn't get Samsung Pay to work was a store where the card reader had really big bezels and the phone couldn't get a good MST read, the last place was the Verizon store. The mobile NFC readers that they used would give me a can't read error.

I'd say at about 99% of the places I've been, I was able to use Samsung Pay. Either with its NFC or MST capability.
    10-05-2019 01:44 PM
    The one place that baffles me is Kroger (grocery store). The one time I tried to use SP there, the cashier said I wasn't allowed to use it. I told her it would work, but she said even it it would work, they wouldn't allow it. I thought she was confused and just didn't understand, so I pressed on and used SP. She called over her manager and she cancelled the transaction, saying they would not allow payments by phone. ANY phone. I remember that manager treating me like I was a crook and trying to get away with something.
    10-05-2019 02:14 PM
    The one place that baffles me is Kroger (grocery store). The one time I tried to use SP there, the cashier said I wasn't allowed to use it. I told her it would work, but she said even it it would work, they wouldn't allow it. I thought she was confused and just didn't understand, so I pressed on and used SP. She called over her manager and she cancelled the transaction, saying they would not allow payments by phone. ANY phone. I remember that manager treating me like I was a crook and trying to get away with something.
    That was the exact same thing I encountered at Don Quijote's here in Hawai'i. I didn't push the issue, mainly because I was buying hot dog buns and didn't really care that much. That was the only place that actually cancelled the transaction. Every other place that couldn't accept Apple or Google Pay said, "Wow, that was cool."
    10-05-2019 02:57 PM
    That was the exact same thing I encountered at Don Quijote's here in Hawai'i. I didn't push the issue, mainly because I was buying hot dog buns and didn't really care that much. That was the only place that actually cancelled the transaction. Every other place that couldn't accept Apple or Google Pay said, "Wow, that was cool."
    If they didn't want my money I would've handed them their items and left.
    11B1P likes this.
    10-05-2019 05:18 PM
    Too bad the store manager was such an *****. paying with the phone is no different than paying with a card especially if samsung pay worked. If it happened to me, I would have left everything and walked out.

I tried samsung pay at the local kroger self checkout and it did not work. I believe Kroger has Kroger pay but not sure. looked for an app a while back and could not find one. Have not looked since.

edited - just to note, the word censor was not a curse word. did not know slang for stupid was bad.
    10-05-2019 05:28 PM
    If they didn't want my money I would've handed them their items and left.
    Meh. I needed the hot dog buns, and it wasn't worth driving another few miles to get them and use Samsung Pay. Things are already expensive enough here as it is, no sense to spend more time and money just for the pleasure of Samsung Pay points.
    TgeekB likes this.
    10-05-2019 06:12 PM
    I use Samsung Pay at the local Kroger and frequently get the “we don’t take Apple Pay” comment. The cashier is surprised when it goes through. I admit that I feel a little smug when that happens.
    Super Dave426 likes this.
    10-05-2019 07:04 PM
    I just used it at a vinyl shop, and the guy was like, I dont think it'll work with this machine, cause I have Samsung Pay, and it doesn't work. the weird part isnt that it worked. Its that it originally said declined on his machine, and then proceeded to print the accepted receipt.
    10-05-2019 07:12 PM
    Its that it originally said declined on his machine, and then proceeded to print the accepted receipt.
    that is a bit bizarre
    10-05-2019 07:22 PM
    What I would like to know is, to use Samsung Pay, do I simply need to look for the 'wireless' looking icon on the payment machine?

And, do I need to rest my device on the side where one would normally swipe their bank card?
    Serkle K likes this.
    10-05-2019 08:47 PM
108 1234 ...