Samsung Pay

tekjunkie28

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I quit using Samsung pay and just us my card. No place I went accosted Samsung pay. It just says error or declined. The only place that was consistent was Best Buy. You got to have an ID on you so you might as well have your cards too I figure. Hahaha. Oh well, then I got to thinking. I haven’t been anywhere in weeks to actually use any payment type and gas pumps don’t work.

comestim

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
If you go to a cashier make sure they select Debit/Credit before you try and use it. On self checkout do the same thing. It will work on about half of the registers without hitting credit/debit first and the other half do not.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
The great thing about Samsung Pay is it can use NFC or MST to transmit the information, so it pretty much works with almost every card reader out there except devices where you have to insert the card like a gas station. I have used mine at Walmart several times although it was at self checkout, it may also vary from locations. Been using samsung Pay since it became available and I've only had it fail at a Subway restaraunt and that's it.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Yes!! This is exactly what happened to me today (and almost every other time I use it)!

I went to pay, and the girl was like, "Oh do we take Apple Pay?" I said, "It's Samsung Pay."
Her manager walks by and she says to her manager, "Do we take Samsung Pay?" to which her manager replied, "No, we're not setup for that either." And I hold my phone up to the CC machine, and it beeps. And the Cashier says, "Oh, I guess we do take it?"

Smh. It's not like this is brand new. This has been around for years now. Not just Samsung Pay, but mobile payments all together. It's not new, just let us pay and move on with our day already! lol

Yeah it has been a few years now. IDK. I guess it just hasn't caught on as much as we thought.

Williamspa1

Aug 29, 2019
Visit site
I read a thread on Samsung Pay on youtube and I signed up for it. Used it for the first time this week at Staples. I was buying a printer and I told the cashier I was a first timer. Worked right off the bat, lol, I use it with paypal.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
The point system is a joke now compared to its early days but I still use it everywhere. Super convenient, I don't even remember the last time it didn't work for me.

Sophos

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
The point system is a joke now compared to its early days but I still use it everywhere. Super convenient, I don't even remember the last time it didn't work for me.
I'm a relatively new user. What used to be better about the points system?

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm a relatively new user. What used to be better about the points system?
You were able to redeem your points for money. They also had cool little incentive games that would pop up every month. It was a lot more "fun" to use in its early days but of course that's how they drove people to use it and spread the word.

waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
I've been trying to use samsung pay at so many locations and it always declines. Just tried yesterday at Walmart and got declined. Pulled out the physical card that I linked and it's processed so idk what I'm doing wrong. any else having issues?

Walmart has been hit or miss for me. And with some machines, you would need to "swipe" at the main base of the terminal and not the corded keypad.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
In my country India Samsung pay is rear but I live in Bombay aka mumbai...fun is seeing people's faces when I use samsung pay at pharmacy to petrol pumps...its hilarious...and people with iphone keeps asking me...how I do it..is it a app...I say samsung pay....recently I got Galaxy watch and paid thru the watch...oh people's faces seeing me pay via a watch...hahahah...love samsung pay
many places say it will not work...I just go and tap and it works ...guys are in shock

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I use SP as much as possible, had to stop when my Note 8 lost the ability to wirelessly charge it also stopped SP from working, but now with my 10+ I'm using it everywhere. Even the bank manager agrees with me that it's best to use it and buffer your actual number after my card was compromised and I had to file a bunch of disputes

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
In my country India Samsung pay is rear but I live in Bombay aka mumbai...fun is seeing people's faces when I use samsung pay at pharmacy to petrol pumps...its hilarious...and people with iphone keeps asking me...how I do it..is it a app...I say samsung pay....recently I got Galaxy watch and paid thru the watch...oh people's faces seeing me pay via a watch...hahahah...love samsung pay
many places say it will not work...I just go and tap and it works ...guys are in shock

I'm a little annoyed they took MST off of the Galaxy Watch, and it only uses NFC for SP. I dont use SP on my watch because of that, and I dont like that I cant change the option to activate SP on the watch.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm a little annoyed they took MST off of the Galaxy Watch, and it only uses NFC for SP. I dont use SP on my watch because of that, and I dont like that I cant change the option to activate SP on the watch.

Exactly why I'm holding on to my Gear S3. It works better than the phone at places where terminals only takes MST. I even use my watch at the gas pumps for points using the card trick lol

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I love Samsung pay... It's probably the most versatile payment option. I don't know how many times someone has said to me, "oh that won't work, we don't take Apple pay". Then they hear the beep and I say, "but it takes Samsung pay =)". That's usually followed by shock from the cashier because they're so used to denying iPhone users all day long.

Plus I get to earn all those useless Samsung points at 30 points per transaction.

Seriously though, when I need to go light, I just bring my N9 and tuck my driver's license under my phone case and I'm covered everywhere.