Samsung Pay

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I wasnt sure where else this should be posted, so I'm putting it here...

But it really amazes me that places, like most fast food places, still dont know about mobile payments, especially Samsung pay. And everytime I go to use it, they try to tell me they dont accept it.

End rant.

Thanks for listening.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I wasnt sure where else this should be posted, so I'm putting it here...

But it really amazes me that places, like most fast food places, still dont know about mobile payments, especially Samsung pay. And everytime I go to use it, they try to tell me they dont accept it.

End rant.

Thanks for listening.

That still happens to me too. I was making a purchase the other day and the cashier said "we don't accept Apple Pay". I told her it wasn't Apple and she was surprised when it went through.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
That still happens to me too. I was making a purchase the other day and the cashier said "we don't accept Apple Pay". I told her it wasn't Apple and she was surprised when it went through.

The look on their faces when it beeps successful though.

Yes!! This is exactly what happened to me today (and almost every other time I use it)!

I went to pay, and the girl was like, "Oh do we take Apple Pay?" I said, "It's Samsung Pay."
Her manager walks by and she says to her manager, "Do we take Samsung Pay?" to which her manager replied, "No, we're not setup for that either." And I hold my phone up to the CC machine, and it beeps. And the Cashier says, "Oh, I guess we do take it?"

Smh. It's not like this is brand new. This has been around for years now. Not just Samsung Pay, but mobile payments all together. It's not new, just let us pay and move on with our day already! lol

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Samsung Pay for 4 years now. In the beginning I got reactions about it but I haven't shopped in a place that doesn't accept phone payment methods (all phones) for a couple of years now. I haven't seen a reaction for quite a while.

robbz94

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
I've been trying to use samsung pay at so many locations and it always declines. Just tried yesterday at Walmart and got declined. Pulled out the physical card that I linked and it's processed so idk what I'm doing wrong. any else having issues?

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
I've been trying to use samsung pay at so many locations and it always declines. Just tried yesterday at Walmart and got declined. Pulled out the physical card that I linked and it's processed so idk what I'm doing wrong. any else having issues?

I have used it at walmart before but at a self checkout. might have to give it another try. been using walmart pay.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
I've been using Samsung Pay for 4 years now. In the beginning I got reactions about it but I haven't shopped in a place that doesn't accept phone payment methods (all phones) for a couple of years now. I haven't seen a reaction for quite a while.

I only started since may when my bank started supporting it. before that had a prepaid card that would work but got tired of filling it.

robbz94

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
Yes they do. Even when I walk into Walmart it sends me a notification telling me Samaung Pay accepted at walmart use it now. But regardless same issues at Walgreens. Pull out same card that is linked and will process.