Samsung Pay

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
There are VERY few places I can't get Samsung Pay to work one are the gas pumps here; they all have the internal card readers and don't have NFC/Chip readers (unless I pay inside). The only other places I couldn't get Samsung Pay to work was a store where the card reader had really big bezels and the phone couldn't get a good MST read, the last place was the Verizon store. The mobile NFC readers that they used would give me a can't read error.

I'd say at about 99% of the places I've been, I was able to use Samsung Pay. Either with its NFC or MST capability.

leerandall

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
The one place that baffles me is Kroger (grocery store). The one time I tried to use SP there, the cashier said I wasn't allowed to use it. I told her it would work, but she said even it it would work, they wouldn't allow it. I thought she was confused and just didn't understand, so I pressed on and used SP. She called over her manager and she cancelled the transaction, saying they would not allow payments by phone. ANY phone. I remember that manager treating me like I was a crook and trying to get away with something.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
The one place that baffles me is Kroger (grocery store). The one time I tried to use SP there, the cashier said I wasn't allowed to use it. I told her it would work, but she said even it it would work, they wouldn't allow it. I thought she was confused and just didn't understand, so I pressed on and used SP. She called over her manager and she cancelled the transaction, saying they would not allow payments by phone. ANY phone. I remember that manager treating me like I was a crook and trying to get away with something.

That was the exact same thing I encountered at Don Quijote's here in Hawai'i. I didn't push the issue, mainly because I was buying hot dog buns and didn't really care that much. That was the only place that actually cancelled the transaction. Every other place that couldn't accept Apple or Google Pay said, "Wow, that was cool."

bmetelsky

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
That was the exact same thing I encountered at Don Quijote's here in Hawai'i. I didn't push the issue, mainly because I was buying hot dog buns and didn't really care that much. That was the only place that actually cancelled the transaction. Every other place that couldn't accept Apple or Google Pay said, "Wow, that was cool."
If they didn't want my money I would've handed them their items and left.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site

Too bad the store manager was such an *****. paying with the phone is no different than paying with a card especially if samsung pay worked. If it happened to me, I would have left everything and walked out.

I tried samsung pay at the local kroger self checkout and it did not work. I believe Kroger has Kroger pay but not sure. looked for an app a while back and could not find one. Have not looked since.

edited - just to note, the word censor was not a curse word. did not know slang for stupid was bad.

Last edited:

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
If they didn't want my money I would've handed them their items and left.

Meh. I needed the hot dog buns, and it wasn't worth driving another few miles to get them and use Samsung Pay. Things are already expensive enough here as it is, no sense to spend more time and money just for the pleasure of Samsung Pay points.

happycat9

Aug 5, 2019
Visit site
I use Samsung Pay at the local Kroger and frequently get the “we don’t take Apple Pay” comment. The cashier is surprised when it goes through. I admit that I feel a little smug when that happens.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I just used it at a vinyl shop, and the guy was like, I dont think it'll work with this machine, cause I have Samsung Pay, and it doesn't work. the weird part isnt that it worked. Its that it originally said declined on his machine, and then proceeded to print the accepted receipt.

teecuptech

Oct 6, 2019
Visit site
What I would like to know is, to use Samsung Pay, do I simply need to look for the 'wireless' looking icon on the payment machine?

And, do I need to rest my device on the side where one would normally swipe their bank card?

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
What I would like to know is, to use Samsung Pay, do I simply need to look for the 'wireless' looking icon on the payment machine?

And, do I need to rest my device on the side where one would normally swipe their bank card?

you don't have to look for a thing to use samsung pay. just hold the phone on the side where the card normally swipes for a few seconds and it should take it.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site

No, you dont "need to" look for the wireless icon. If it has one, you could use Samsung Pay through NFC. If it doesnt have one, you can just place your phone where you would normally swipe your card. The only machines it absolutely wont work with, are the ones you have to insert your card, like at most gas stations pumps, and ATMs.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
No, you dont "need to" look for the wireless icon. If it has one, you could use Samsung Pay through NFC. If it doesnt have one, you can just place your phone where you would normally swipe your card. The only machines it absolutely wont work with, are the ones you have to insert your card, like at most gas stations pumps, and ATMs.

good point. however I am seeing more and more nfc (wireless looking icons) on pumps and atm machines. so I guess on those, you do have to look for something :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech