Samsung Pay

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
The one place that baffles me is Kroger (grocery store). The one time I tried to use SP there, the cashier said I wasn't allowed to use it. I told her it would work, but she said even it it would work, they wouldn't allow it. I thought she was confused and just didn't understand, so I pressed on and used SP. She called over her manager and she cancelled the transaction, saying they would not allow payments by phone. ANY phone. I remember that manager treating me like I was a crook and trying to get away with something.

I would have walked out and left everything sitting there and told them I wouldn't be back.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I read a thread on Samsung Pay on youtube and I signed up for it. Used it for the first time this week at Staples. I was buying a printer and I told the cashier I was a first timer. Worked right off the bat, lol, I use it with paypal.

It is so convenient. I also added my rewards cards.

brothamoveson

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I've had about a 98% success rate been using it since it came out. I was surprised the other at a store when they said Samsung pay didn't I was like sure it will. Then she informed me it will work and debit the money from my account but they aren't getting paid on their end, and so they don't allow phone payments.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Walmart has been hit or miss for me. And with some machines, you would need to "swipe" at the main base of the terminal and not the corded keypad.

I always put it near the area where you swipe your card. Works every time for me. Hope this works for you.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Some may not, but I use it at home in KY and just a little bit ago in SC. And that was with my Gear S3. If it gives you an error the first time, just hold your phone to it again.

at the time, I tried several times, and then they told me their software wasn't updated to work with it. I think previously I said it was declined, but that was at another store.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I was and still kind of am skeptical about it. I use it and I've gotten some of the same responses as others have posted, but while it says NFC isn't needed and shows how to use it if NFC isn't available I've found a few places that it still won't work. A local movie theater for one. I bought tickets online and the confirmation says to bring the card with you to claim your tickets. Being the tech savvy guy I'm trying to be, I skipped the ticket counter and opted for a kiosk. The kiosk has one of those stick out swipe type readers and I held my phone up to it every conceivable way and it just would not recognize my device. It didn't even act like I had used the wrong card, like if there's some encryption so that it isn't actually putting your card information out over the air, it just looked at me and continued to ask me to swipe the card. I'm really glad there was no one behind us because by the end it really looked like I was trying to break into the machine. There have been other times as well, most notably one where they were using a tablet type register with the little card reader off to the side. That time I was a bit cocky when they said they couldn't take it and I was like "Oh yeah, watch this..." rubbing, holding, sliding the phone up down front back face down face up the edge all over the reader area. *sigh* me reaching into my wallet to pull out an actual card. Feeling really small. Since then I may try once or twice but if it doesn't see it then I just reach for my card. And I've never been as smug as I was about it if they say they don't take it.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
good point. however I am seeing more and more nfc (wireless looking icons) on pumps and atm machines. so I guess on those, you do have to look for something :)

Most of the Speedway stations (might be Super America for you) in my town have upgraded their pumps. The pump has the wireless symbol and a spot that looks like the place to hold it but in tiny print they all say "coming soon". I haven't actually tried it since I got my Samsung, only tried once with Google Pay. I did stand at soda machine for what felt like 5 minutes which was probably only 3 waiting while it said processing while trying to use Google Pay. I wonder if it would have been any faster using Samsung Pay????

happycat9

Aug 5, 2019
Visit site
Question about SP rewards. I have tried the cash back bonus but it doesn’t seem to work. I go to the Pay app and select cash back for a store that I am going to, I use SP at the store, but cash back never shows up on my account. Am I missing a step?

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I did stand at soda machine for what felt like 5 minutes which was probably only 3 waiting while it said processing while trying to use Google Pay. I wonder if it would have been any faster using Samsung Pay????

I have used Samsung Pay at vending machines before too.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Most of the Speedway stations (might be Super America for you) in my town have upgraded their pumps. The pump has the wireless symbol and a spot that looks like the place to hold it but in tiny print they all say "coming soon". I haven't actually tried it since I got my Samsung, only tried once with Google Pay. I did stand at soda machine for what felt like 5 minutes which was probably only 3 waiting while it said processing while trying to use Google Pay. I wonder if it would have been any faster using Samsung Pay????

might not be faster with samsung pay. most vending machines rely on wifi, could have been slow wifi at that moment in time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellie10