Samsung Pay

smile4meman2

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I use it at Walmart all the time and never have a problem. Sometimes I use it at the self-checkout sometimes I have to do it twice but it works.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I use Samsung Pay at the local Kroger and frequently get the “we don’t take Apple Pay” comment. The cashier is surprised when it goes through. I admit that I feel a little smug when that happens.
The best is US post offices. They don't know either

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
I use it at Walmart all the time and never have a problem. Sometimes I use it at the self-checkout sometimes I have to do it twice but it works.

I started using it at Walmart again and no problems. so much faster than trying to use walmart pay. the only thing I don't like is the terminals do no make it easy for it to tell you that the payment went through. The beep is usually followed by a card error because I held the card at the scanner too long. fortunately the payment did processed.

lately when I opened samsung pay app, there is a notification about rewards for using it at walmart. makes me wonder if walmart had a change of heart and not blocking sp as they seemed to do in the past.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I started using it at Walmart again and no problems. so much faster than trying to use walmart pay. the only thing I don't like is the terminals do no make it easy for it to tell you that the payment went through. The beep is usually followed by a card error because I held the card at the scanner too long. fortunately the payment did processed.

lately when I opened samsung pay app, there is a notification about rewards for using it at walmart. makes me wonder if walmart had a change of heart and not blocking sp as they seemed to do in the past.
I think those rewards are for online orders.

Vizi

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for this thread! I hadn't used Samsung Pay before reading this and I tried it out. I can't go back! Used my S3 Frontier at Costco and Target. So easy. So convenient.

transamgrrl

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
You should only have to have Samsung Pay open and ready, and tap it close to the reader when it's ready for the payment. It doesn't have to have a wireless icon because Samsung Pay works with most all card readers.

I love using Samsung Pay around here, it's like I'm using alien technology lol. I've never had a problem using it, either. It's been accepted everywhere I've tried it.

And Samsung points are worthless now? Did they change it where you can't trade Samsung points for gift cards any more? I got a ton of Samsung points when I bought my Note 8 and was able to trade the points for a $200 gift card that I could use anywhere.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
And Samsung points are worthless now? Did they change it where you can't trade Samsung points for gift cards any more?

I wouldn't say they are worthless, just that it takes more transactions to accumulate the same amount of points as when they first started

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Samsung Pay works everywhere. I have a Note 8 and an LG V40 and I used the Note 8 more because of Samsung Pay.

Love me some Samsung Pay.

And, yes, I get the "Is that Apple Pay" I say no Apple sucks and proceed with the transaction. The cashiers are stunned LOL

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I haven't tried it on my note 10+, I live in a small town and not much to shop at, with my gs8+, I had success once at Walmart and Home depot. But after that it wouldn't work at Walmart any more. So haven't set up samsung pay.
Need to look on YouTube see if there is a video on how to hold my phone, may give it a try.

transamgrrl

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Right, it wasn't like the points system was super generous or anything before! I think I had to get 20,000, or 40,000 points, to trade for a $200 Samsung Visa gift card after I got my Note 8?

I haven't been using Samsung Pay lately because I had changed banks, but now my new bank supports Samsung Pay and I got to add my card finally. I'll probably start using it again. Like the other posters pointed out about convenience, it really is!

Most places I shop, I already have my phone out for digital coupons, or store rewards, so when you can bundle that all together and pay with your phone too, almost anywhere, you can't deny that is super convenient. It's almost fun!

Now I just need to start using it online, too. Seems like it should be a lot more secure since you don't have to expose your actual card numbers.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
I have been using walmart pay for the digital receipt but it was so slow to use. took forever to open the app/widget in the store because of poor wifi had to wait for everything.

had to wait for all the walmart ads, then figure out where the walmart pay link was because it was almost always buried in the app because of the ads. then wait for the verification screen then wait for screen to scan the terminal screen. then wait for the connection and welcome and finally able to get checked out. and then you had to wait for it to process your digital receipt which takes additional time. the process always took several minutes.

I would have to start the process before getting in line and hope it stayed on screen until I got to the register. don't know the number of times I gave up because it was way too slow and there was a line behind me.

going back to samsung pay at walmart is actually a breath of fresh air because of the speed. I guess I don't need the digital receipts after all :)

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I used it at Five Guys the other day. When I pulled out my phone to pay, the cashier asked if I was using Apple Pay. I said, "uh...sure..., and tried not to roll my eyes.

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
That sounds familiar. I don't use it as much because they cut back the points you're able to earn

The first year I used it with the S7 I think I was able to earn $20 or so of Visa cards. Then they took the Visa cards away and the minimum points to get anything are more than I would ever spend before the points expire (which is faster than it use to be perviously). So now the points are meaningless to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze